• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Painting Wheels

Well I didn't buy the Plasti dip yet. Maybe Paint and Primer like Krylon or something is the way to go. Although I will pick up a can of Plasti dip, it looks really cool.

It's awesome for certain things, but has some downsides. I actually used it to paint my rear exhaust valve ce on my tbss, it comes out looking exactly like the unpainted plastic trim of yesteryear. Also works great on interior pieces, or anything you want a matte finish on, especially if it may need to come off.

Anyone have the Torque Spec for the lug nuts on the Shorelandr' trailers 21' ?? Can't seem to find it.

Anyone have the Torque Spec for the lug nuts on the Shorelandr' trailers 21' ?? Can't seem to find it.
I don’t have a spec but a stamped steel wheel and lug of that size is probably fine at 80-100

I Plasti dipped them. 8 coats. 4cans.

20220723_220227.jpg

Nice job on them. What do you think of that stuff?

This is what I did. Took a couple few hours and dinner in between.

Clean tires and wheels well both side's if possible.

Just use a bit of tire shine on the Tires to make them slick and shiney. Lay the tire down or vertically, spray a tack coat then keep spraying them over and over again till wet each time. Let dry between coats. Bought cans of Plasti Cip from Walmart, 6 bucks a spray can. Overspray onto the tire each time. When done with 7-8 coats, let dry. Took 4 cans. Then just peel off the stuff on the tire and you are good to go.

This is what I did. Took a couple few hours and dinner in between.

Clean tires and wheels well both side's if possible.

Just use a bit of tire shine on the Tires to make them slick and shiney. Lay the tire down or vertically, spray a tack coat then keep spraying them over and over again till wet each time. Let dry between coats. Bought cans of Plasti Cip from Walmart, 6 bucks a spray can. Overspray onto the tire each time. When done with 7-8 coats, let dry. Took 4 cans. Then just peel off the stuff on the tire and you are good to go.
Let me know if you put tire shine on after and it doesn't eat thru the dip. I've always heard it does. I also read you have to get a basic wash if you go thru a car wash because the tire shine in there will also eat thru it. Haven't cleaned my tires in years....lmao

Let me know if you put tire shine on after and it doesn't eat thru the dip. I've always heard it does. I also read you have to get a basic wash if you go thru a car wash because the tire shine in there will also eat thru it. Haven't cleaned my tires in years....lmao

I don't like tire shine TBH, just put it on so I had a slick surface to easily remove the Plasti Dip of the tire.

I don't like tire shine TBH, just put it on so I had a slick surface to easily remove the Plasti Dip of the tire.
Makes sense. I used an old deck of cards and shoved them between the rim and tire. Worked well

Makes sense. I used an old deck of cards and shoved them between the rim and tire. Worked well

I was going to do that, but really didn't want to put in the effort and time. Spoke with the guy who put the tires on at Discount tire who recommended doing it that way. It peeled right off all the way around in piece.

I was going to do that, but really didn't want to put in the effort and time. Spoke with the guy who put the tires on at Discount tire who recommended doing it that way. It peeled right off all the way around in piece.
Ya sounds like an easier way for sure...lol

Back