• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Paperwork after Boat Purchase

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Who has bought a boat in the last few months during Covid and how long did it take to receive paperwork to register the boat?

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you purchase boat from Dealer or Private seller?

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably varies from state to state, but when I purchased my boat last year, dealer had it registered and ready to go. I was actually surprised at the very little amount of paper work I had to fill out. Think it was 2 signatures and I was out the door.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I closed on May 5th and picked up the boat on May 14th. Dealer sent in my registration for trailer and boat, asked me if I wanted everything to go to dealership or my house, I told him my house. Gave me a temporary. I received the plate for the trailer and the registration and numbers for my boat on June 4th. I knew they were coming because, at least in Michigan, you can log onto the Secretary of State Website and see Vehicles registered in your name. The trailer popped up on the first, the boat on the 2nd and came in the mail on the 4th.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Interesting, I closed on May 6th. Live in Indiana, have not received shit yet. Calling dealer when they open, have not recieved any paperwork to register boat or warranty info from Yamaha

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have the boat in your possession? Can you log onto your Secretary of State Website and check? Pretty sure all dealers send it in to state. Just like a car purchase from a dealer. Although I could be wrong.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya I've had the boat in my possession since that day

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I didn't receive my warranty or loan information for yamaha until several weeks or so after I purchased my boat (purchased May 1st). My registration form was messed up, so DNR mailed me the forms to fill out and send in. Once that was done another week or 2 until I got my formal registration. I got a temp in the mean time.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have temp tags for trailer and boat, just never received anything in mail yet. Just went to BMV website and its all their to register. Wish I would've known that earlier....lol

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We bought in January, picked up in April. Dealership included all the paperwork that was owed to us plus the temp tag so we could immediately use the boat. DNR registration numbers came about three weeks later.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we bought a boat 5yrs ago it took aver 6 months for the DNR to issue us the #'s for the boat. The first full season was without proper registration and no temp tags. Just keep any paperwork that you may have with you and you should be good if you get stopped.

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bought mine out of state and dealer gave me all the paperwork I needed on delivery day. Then went the next day to a local license center in my state and paid the fees, got my trailer plate, boat registration sticker etc form them then as well.