• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pee Hole Question

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A plug blow out got me to thinking today. After gassing up on the water, a rarity at $3.79 per gallon non ethanol when I usually pay $3.25 non eth on land, I noticed my port engine bogging down. Usually, this means I sucked up some grass coming into the pumps. After numerous "reverse clean out" manuevers to no avail, the overheat light came on. (What a great feature, I could not rev over about 300o rpms) so I shut it down, and lifted the tray covering the plugs. I figured it was time to stick my hand down and dig out the crap. I was surprised when I observed the plug had blown, but had not shot out the hole, through the hatch, and 30 feet into the sky like a plug blow out did o my LS. Clearly, this plug blow out caused the port engine to bog down. I re-set the plug, and away I went, overheat light off and had a great day. Of course, this sequence of events caused me to consider our cooling system. I noticed that when I revved low, water only came out of one pee hole. The higher I revved, the more pee holes peed. Makes sense, I suppose. However, the only time the peehole closest to the aft peed was when the bilge pump kicked on. I was thinking that the forward set of 2 pee holes were for one engine; the aft set for the other engine. But what occurred seemed to suggest three pee holes are for the engines, and one pee hole is for the bilge pump. Is this correct? I noticed throughout the day the 4th pee hole never had water coming out of it, and figured I had a clog. Then, after docking for 2 hours at a restaurant (Seacrets, for you Maryland guys), I observed this 4th pee hole peeing when the bilge pump came on. Comments? Thanks.

The forward two pee holes are off the exhaust, one for each engine, and aft two are off the thermostat, again one for each engine. I believe the forward pee hole of the pair is the starboard engine.

Normally I don't get flow out of the forward two (exhaust) until the engine rev's above 4k. The aft two typically trickle at idle and increase flow at the rpm's increase.

Have you seen BuckBuck's video about how the cooling system works? if you haven't it's a great view,
https://jetboaters.net/faq/how-does-the-water-actually-flow-through-my-yamaha-engine.75/

I'm confused because you said you have three pee holes for the engine and one for the bilge.
You should have 5 holes on your starboard side, 2 pairs of smaller holes for the exhaust and thermostat, your front two should pee easily at lower/no wake rpms and the rear when you are at higher rpms as Andy said the forward two are one for each engine.
The larger hole at the very back is for your bilge pump exit. If your engines are off and your bilge is pumping water should only come out of the larger hole.

@OCMD What brings you into the Assawoman?? I think you said "Pee" more times than Tom Brady said "Balls". Have you been to the new island that the CoE built for the birds. Great place to anchor stays shallow way out from the island.

You know what? It looks like I missed a hole hanging over the edge. So there are 5. Got it. And one of mine is clogged. I will have to check it out tomorrow. @treeskier I saw that island tonight coming in and was wondering WTF it was. There was a pontoon boat anchored about 20 yards off the island, and a guy and his dog on it. What was that structure coming out of the middle of the island? Have you anchored nearby and walked on?

You know what? It looks like I missed a hole hanging over the edge. So there are 5. Got it. And one of mine is clogged. I will have to check it out tomorrow. @treeskier I saw that island tonight coming in and was wondering WTF it was. There was a pontoon boat anchored about 20 yards off the island, and a guy and his dog on it. What was that structure coming out of the middle of the island? Have you anchored nearby and walked on?
We went out last Saturday and saw the boats and kids and dogs and decided to check it out. We anchored in very shallow water and you could walk way out without the huge drop like you have at the wedge. The island has a nice sandy beach, somebody put a huge flag pole and American flag up. People were grilling it was great. The CoE supposedly built the place so birds could nest but based on the early crowds I think that may not happen. Make sure you don't go in between the buoys (area that faces east) I heard that's where they put riprap to protect the shore line from the wakes of north/south boat traffic.

Back