• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Peragon truck bed covers.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll do it here and it can be moved if needed. I was reading a post about someone having a excellent custom er service experience and thought I would share my story. I was looking for a hard / retractable bed cover for my truck when I came across a company based in MN. called Paragon, they mfgr. And sell a retractable aluminum bed cover that is powder coated, if you have ever looked at this type of cover you know the price range for these can reach upwards of $1500.00 to $1800.00, I did a lot of research of the peragon and finially decided to order one after talking to the customer service rep. I placed my order on a Tuesday and the cover was at my house on Friday. I was really surprised it came that fast because the shipping was FREE!! Anyway I started installing the cover on my truck and my phone rang, I answered and was shocked to hear, " Hi Joe this is _______ from peragon I saw your order was deliverer and I just wanted to make sure everything was delivered in perfect condition and wanted to know if you had any questions about installing it. I could not believe a company cared that much about their product to actually call and follow up with a customer after they already had my money. The cover was $699.00 free shipping , and it is the best retractable cover I have ever seen. Fantastic quality and a fantastic company who makes their product here in the
U.S. If anyone is in the market for something like this do yourself a favor and look into this product. I see they now offer a color match as an option as well.
www.peragon.com

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They look nice for the price. Ive always wanted a cover but I can't seem to find the perfect one.... Which probably means I'll stick to the old fashion open bed!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks nice. I have a Bak Flip now. But I have had a few issues with it.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love my BakFLip - this looks like a Bak Flip style that folds inward. I could see a few issues with that with cargo in the front of the bed.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you guys bothered by how much room you lose from side to side?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love my BakFLip - this looks like a Bak Flip style that folds inward. I could see a few issues with that with cargo in the front of the bed.
Looks like it would be necessary to remove the cover to place items against the cab which I can do without removing my Bak Flip. I have the Bak Flip HD. It is approaching 5 years old and pretty beat up at this point but it has worked well.

Are you guys bothered by how much room you lose from side to side?
There is very little side to side loss. Perhaps an inch on each side at the top. I used my truck to build my house and the Bak Flip never got in the way. I fact I sometimes loaded the bed, closed the cover then loaded more on top. It is rated for 500 pounds.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The awesome things about the cover is, it takes about 30 seconds to remove it from the bed while the rails stay attached, and it is broken into smaller sections than others I have seen so it doesn't take up as much depth in the bed. Another cool thing is it it completely removable unlike the other true retractables there is no roll up can in the front if the bed. Ex: pace Edwards has the containment can in the front..

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The only thing I didn't like about the Bak flip was when folded up you pretty much lose vision out the rear window, when fully open

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really like the easy removability. I watched the video on the site you posted.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It is also 100% aluminum not laminated with honeycomb filler inside..

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you leave it partially open while traveling?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Can you leave it partially open while traveling?
I'm pretty sure you can lock it in different places I have not personally done that though .. the thing I like most is to open it you just push down on it by the lock and it slides completely open whith no effort at all..

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks nice. I have a Bak Flip now. But I have had a few issues with it.
The only thing I didn't like about the Bak flip was when folded up you pretty much lose vision out the rear window, when fully open
I have had a bak flip for 5 years now, love it and have had no problems. True you loose vision out the rear window when folded up but you don't loose bed space with it folded up like the peragon. One benefit of the Bak Flip is you can unfold it over top of tall items in the bed and then strap it down.

It all boils down to what you think is best. The peragon looks like a nice unit but for me I don't think it would work for my hauling needs.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bak flip protects the back window and if you have a tall load you can't see past it anyway. Very happy with it, but it is always cool to see new product designs. I am on my second truck with the same one, I just transferred it over.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I do like the Bak flip, but it is technically not a "retractable" cover , it is listed as a folding cover. In the retractable catagory the peragon has the best price point, takes up the least space when retracted, and is the easiest to remove. Compared to others in the same category, with that said they all petty much come down to personal preference and personal use.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't understand the covers that are one piece and on hydraulic arms. Why have a pickup truck if you are going to render the bed useless? Lol.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I don't understand the covers that are one piece and on hydraulic arms. Why have a pickup truck if you are going to render the bed useless? Lol.
I agree, but the fact is the majority of pick ups sold now are never used for a " truck" there are mainly used for a family vehicle. Some never have anything in the bed...

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked hard at the Peragon, but didn't get it for a few reasons.
1. It folds into the bed taking up interior room and opening itself up to possible damage.
2. The color match paint was reported to have issues with fading in the sun. I don't know if it's been resolved recently or not but it was a concern to me. Color match looks great unless your just off by a LITTLE BIT.
3. Maybe the biggest issue to me... if something in your bed slides up to the front of the bed (braking, etc) you can't open the cover. That's a pretty big design gap IMO. Make sure you have a cargo bar or something up towards the front to stop this or you'll be crawling up under the cover to move the object back towards the tailgate.

I went with the Undercover Flex. I had a BakFlip several years ago, but the UF takes a bunch of the things missing from the BakFlip and incorporates them into their standard model for less money. So far, I'm very happy with it. It cost me $640 including shipping. It can be removed quickly from my truck with two thumbscrews.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked hard at the Peragon, but didn't get it for a few reasons.
1. It folds into the bed taking up interior room and opening itself up to possible damage.
2. The color match paint was reported to have issues with fading in the sun. I don't know if it's been resolved recently or not but it was a concern to me. Color match looks great unless your just off by a LITTLE BIT.
3. Maybe the biggest issue to me... if something in your bed slides up to the front of the bed (braking, etc) you can't open the cover. That's a pretty big design gap IMO. Make sure you have a cargo bar or something up towards the front to stop this or you'll be crawling up under the cover to move the object back towards the tailgate.

I went with the Undercover Flex. I had a BakFlip several years ago, but the UF takes a bunch of the things missing from the BakFlip and incorporates them into their standard model for less money. So far, I'm very happy with it. It cost me $640 including shipping. It can be removed quickly from my truck with two thumbscrews.
that's about 200 less than the model I need costs :( I've been trying to find some for my new Ram and haven't been having much luck

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The stock tonneau cover that comes on the Hybrid Silverado is very nice and I have learned to live with the fact that it isn't an open bed and if the bed is open on the road, I have having to store the cover sideways with the load. It folds in 3 sections and can be folded quickly and easily back to 1/3 covered without removing it. It is self supporting and no fixed rails. It keeps the bed 100% dry, and provides a very streamline truck vs a pickup bed and is an integral part of the hybrid trucks efficiency. But they aren't cheap.