• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Peragon truck bed covers.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That undercover flex is a bakflip clone.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had to google these covers...it appears the stock cover on my truck, is a Tonneau Pro. They have a lifetime warranty and it appears the latches are a tad different but work the same since mine was new in '09. These are easy to use, and not near as expensive as they are through the Chevy dealer, about 1/8th actually! Like I said, for everyday driving, saves a bunch of gas...about 10-15%. And you can lock the tailgate and to enhance your security of valuables.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wanted to post the link to the video of the install, pretty easy, and no frame!

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree about the price. What are the specific improvements?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nothing earth shattering, just some conveniences like integrated straps so you can leave the first section down and strap it down. I don't know if BakFlip changed much in the last few years, but I think the Undercover looks a little cleaner, too. The undercover doesn't lean against the cab when open. Probably not a big deal to some people, but to me it was getting more for a lower price. The Bakflip I had years ago started to come apart on me as well; we'll see how the UF holds up.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The TonnoPro looks like a nice product. The only minus I see is that it's not paintable. The ability to color match is a great feature.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MOA_Chaser good info. I like the lower price. My BakFlip has held up well. I am always interested in new products. Definitely will file this away if I ever need to replace. Thanks!

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No problem! I bought mine from TH Motorsports. Not a big shop, but they give out deals on places like the F150 forum (which I'm on, and where I found them). I got my cover for $640, and one for my dad's RAM 2500 cost him $665. That's free shipping, no tax. That's a lot less than a lot of other places... I did a lot of searching to find the lowest price for a cover, and they beat everyone. They sell other covers besides Undercover... and shipping was only a couple days. I have no affiliation with them other than buying two covers off them in the last month and a half.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had a fiberglass cover with the hydralic arms on my dakota. It was great for locking misc. Tools up in questionable areas or when parking was far from the site. Made for a portable gangbox. Anything I get needs to lock up our $1600 saws and our lasers etc.
a soft cover is not acceptable as it will get sliced open for the tools. How secure do the covers feel as far as theft?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The hard folding covers will keep honest people honest. You can defeat them by sliding a coat hanger under them and pulling on the release cables if you know how they're constructed. I take my chances, though... better than a soft tonneau that can get slashed with a pocket knife and the perps are out of there in seconds.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The deck on my Tonneau Pro is tough. It isn't going to be defeated in seconds, but a crowbar under any of these will bust them right open. Like @MOA_Chaser said, they keep honest people honest. They are lightweight, easily installed, weather resistant, and versatile. They aren't a hard cover, but they aren't flimsy either. They have a deck that is made of either a tough thin polymer or aluminum, not sure, and a supporting frame, with rubber seals all around, and then a very well made and high quality vinyl cover and drip edge on it. Mine is 5 years old, gets left at the airport for days on end, with burned jet fuel exhaust coating my truck after every trip. The truck lives in the garage, but it is exposed and not cleaned or protectants used too often, so I find it very durable. For the money, I would replace with the same.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The peragon is made of aluminum panels, and there are no cables. The panel rollers are in an aluminum track that is clamped to the bed rails, the lock mechanism is towards the front of the bed and has rods that lock it into the cover rails. It is pretty secure, another thing I like is you don't have to open the tailgate to open the cover.