• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect Pass or Ridesteady (GPS speed control) for 195s (single engine Yamaha)?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ridesteady 1000% all the way. I have it in my AR195 and it works perfectly. Great hardware, easy to install.

Customer service is top notch too. @Ridesteady is a great forum member that regularly contributes here and will always answer any question you have.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, brother. Just realizing with wakefoiling now how absolutely critical it is to maintain speed.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ridesteady.
I had both in my 2010 AR240.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've had both..Ridesteady :winkingthumbsup"
Not only the accurate adjusting of the speed during watersports or cruising, but amazing accuracy keeping the engines synced. That was huge for me.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@gallobg @marcham @dan144k @SantaFeTrailer @InmyElement

It is so incredible to have customers like you guys. Your recommendations really put the "wind in the sails" of Hydrophase. Very grateful and appreciative!!! 🙏
Are you still doing group buys? I was planning to do the Group Buy early 2020 but either it didn't happen or I didn't see it. And I didn't really look for it this year. If so, when should I keep a look out?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you still doing group buys? I was planning to do the Group Buy early 2020 but either it didn't happen or I didn't see it. And I didn't really look for it this year. If so, when should I keep a look out?
Usually in Jan. Here was this years thread.

I'm hoping I can get it this year. We'll see what the budget committee has to say about it. That committee chair is a real stickler, and I think she wants a grill next year as well.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would expect there'll be one in January timeframe. Just visit the forum during that timeframe - there'll be a banner up.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ridesteady Have a quick question.

If I buy a setup for my current AR190 (single engine).......Then upgrade boats to a twin engine in a few years......Can I reuse the existing hardware in the new boat? I figure I'll have to get another harness, or additional connectors or something, but overall, it's something I can "take with me" right?

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ridesteady Have a quick question.

If I buy a setup for my current AR190 (single engine).......Then upgrade boats to a twin engine in a few years......Can I reuse the existing hardware in the new boat? I figure I'll have to get another harness, or additional connectors or something, but overall, it's something I can "take with me" right?
That's correct!

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another happy RideSteady user here with an ar195.

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I installed Ridesteady on my 2015 AR192 and love it. Justin provides great support before and after the sale.

My review and details of the install are on their website: https://www.hydrophase.com/content/2015-yamaha-ar192-0

It was quick and easy to install yourself and an absolute must for surfing and foiling. My only regret was not getting both temperature sensors. I thought I wouldn’t need the water sensor since the Yamaha gauge provides it but it’s so much more convenient on the Ridesteady. I bought the second sensor earlier this year.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed Ridesteady on my 2015 AR192 and love it. Justin provides great support before and after the sale.

My review and details of the install are on their website: https://www.hydrophase.com/content/2015-yamaha-ar192-0

It was quick and easy to install yourself and an absolute must for surfing and foiling. My only regret was not getting both temperature sensors. I thought I wouldn’t need the water sensor since the Yamaha gauge provides it but it’s so much more convenient on the Ridesteady. I bought the second sensor earlier this year.
Thanks so much for the kind words, @Summerweatherlover ! We're happy to hear your Ridesteady is working well for you up in Canada, and we're grateful to have you as a customer!!

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Is the water temperature all that variable? I usually only check it a few times during an outing. Admittedly it would be more convenient to have it always on the display but I'm planning to follow your original plan for now.

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Temperature variability depends on where you boat I guess. It’s not that I’m constantly watching the water temperature, it’s more about when I’m curious about it, which for me is usually right after we’ve stopped and turned off the boat.

At that point I’d need to turn the engine back on, wait for the gauge to go through it’s startup process, then navigate to display the temperature. Alternatively I could wait to check it next time I start up the boat (if I don’t forget by then).

With Ridesteady both air and water temperature are right there on the main screen during operation and also on the standby screen after the boat has been turned off. How long it remains on standby is selectable between 1 and 250 minutes according to your preference and is really handy because it maintains GPS acquisition while still in standby. I have mine set to the default of 30 minutes which I find usually meets my needs. Even from a cold start GPS acquisition is faster than getting someone ready for the next run anyway.

For me using all the available functionality of my Ridesteady makes sense even if it costs a little extra.

Last edited:

mmiller2197

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I would expect there'll be one in January timeframe. Just visit the forum during that timeframe - there'll be a banner up.
Late to the show since we bought a 195S this past summer. Really like what I am seeing with RideSteady and it looks like you have done a group buy the past few years. Any plans for this upcoming Jan 2023? If so you can definitely count me in.