• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pets on a boat!

My little girl is so tough to photograph with her black face! Anyway ... she was a little nervous on her first boat ride. I think she was self conscious about the life jacket, mostly...
image.jpg

A little better photo off the boat:
image.jpg

I have a great Golden Retriever. We love to take him to the point at Shallotte Inlet so he can run around and splash in the water. Last night we headed out there after work, but I thought I would drift the river a couple times and try to scare up a flounder before we beached. As soon as the boat slowed and stopped for the drift, he jumped off the front like he always does. But this time we were 20 yards from shore and in 10-15 feet of water. The "shore" was only marsh grass......this was not looking good. I chased him to the grass in the boat, but eventually had to jump and and "save" him...wife and son going nuts in a panic the whole time...

Lost a pair of flip flops and of course the iphone was in my pocket, but we got him back.

Wish I had taken a photo when we were looking down on him and he was stuck in that marsh grass...pitiful.

Getting a doggie life jacket...

Here's Owen last year when the kids found a suspicios box on the kitchen floor. image.jpg

To now - all 88lbs of him. He's turned out to be the best dog we've ever had. We got so so lucky with him.
image.jpg

I love these family members! They add so much to all our lives...thanks for sharing with us!

I, too, have an owner. He lets me drive, which is nice.

Spring Break bogie.jpg

If the boat is wet, he's on it. :cool:

I can't get either of my dogs to jump into the water from the boat. I need to buy one of those doggy ladders and test it out. They play in the water from shore and they both have doggie life jackets (high end ones too that have buoyancy from under and over their chest), but the second their feet leave the ground they freak.

120# All black GSD and a 75# husky shepherd mix.

image.jpg image.jpg Coconut on board.
His life jacket has a handle, you can carry him like a little doggie briefcase.

@txav8r..I'm fixin' to get my babies out there soon! I have to get some flotation devices for them though.

image.jpg image.jpg Our golden is never happier then while on the boat. She was out for 8 hours yesterday and is now on the couch where she will be for the next two days.

Edited by "txav8r" to show full image instead of thumbnails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving Lake Shasta and heading home. Our 135Lbs great dane didn't like the trip.
IMG_2083.jpg

Here is a picture from last year of our two boxers trying to fing a place to sit on Mom's lap. They love to go for a ride on the boat but are not to thrilled about going in the water unless it is walking in from the beach.

Cindy Baxter Isabel.jpg

Back