• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PFD's - Life Jackets

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I basically have more life jackets and floatation devices in the boat than I could ever fit people. The Standard Cube yellow ones, a throwable cushion, a throwable safety, Regular water sports vests, neoprene vests and 4 Mustang survival Auto inflatable and 2 West Marine auto inflatable vests. So basically all in all I have 16. This way I cover all bases and have them stored on the boat at all times around the boat. Anyhow we are going out tomorrow and there are a bunch of sales going on so I figured I would go over to sportmans' warehouse, Dunhams, Cabela's and Dick's to see what they have. I wanted to make sure with the kids bodies changing that everything fit and we had extra. So the 14 yr old and I were talking and I indicated to her that I would like her to come and try on a new vest today, she didn't want to go. I told her that when we are with her cousins on the boat in florida I want to make sure if we are in an area in the water that everyone has the proper flotation. She said it doesn't matter, since she is a strong swimmer and she will be fine. I let her know that I wasn't worried about her swimming, but when a shark comes up and pulls her down and bites off her ankle, I want her to be able to float up to the surface and bob in a high visibility well fitting vest, so I don't have to go swimming around to much and find her.

About 30 minutes later she comes down the stairs and indicated that she wants to go and get a good fitting Neoprene Vest in high visibility since the one we had for her last year is getting small.

This made me wonder if there are life jackets designed to repel sharks. That would be a beautiful thing. I found these two things through a quick Google search. As a parent this would give me some peace of mind I guess.

Back