• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picked up a 2014 212X today...

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good news all!! I picked up a 2014 212X today for 34,250!! 86 hours on each motor, runs strong, my wife his going to have a field day cleaning the interior. The Bimini and Yamaha black mooring cover are shot.The Bimini frame looks to be in decent shape” just the canvas is fcked” buying a canvas beats paying the shops around me 2k to build a new one. A lot of the hydro turf is destroyed.. going to replace that with sea deck prolly this winter. The swim deck seats are a little sunburnt, but all in all we are happy. This is my first boat” family had a bass boat when I was younger and I’ve been around jet skis and wave runners all my life” I got some gel coat repair to do, but shouldn’t be to bad. Here is a pick I snapped on the way home, I will up load more tonight. We are pretty excited, my twin 5 year olds are super excited!!D0BA9A07-153E-445C-A8F7-95B75EA22881.jpeg

Osric

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats!

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat, you guys are in for an awesome summer!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes, congrats on you new boat. Good times await. More pictures please. Look sharp (from what we can see) :winkingthumbsup"

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! That's an awesome boat.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So got home with it late last night, pulled everything out of it.. knee board/skis/2 wake boards/life vests/ “Lilly pad” and a bunch other pointless stuff- Wife cleaned the seat cushions/ now she has to do the backs/ then scrub it down and vacuum the interior. It barely fit in the garage with the tower folded. A couple good dings in the hull, gonna see what it cost to have a shop repair vrs me doing it my self on Monday. Already ordered new t handles for the broken ones/ 3m erase wheel to remove the ever flaking hydro turf/cobra jet lock out pins for the clean out plugs/first aid kit and other miscellaneous stuff here is some more pics. Already got a bar to support the tower when folded just need to wrap it in pool noodles.

Attachments

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m no expert But when we anchor- we will be Anchoring with the back of the boat close to shore like most Yamaha owners and I think this anchor is over kill... Thoughts?
Ps- this boat will only be used in Fresh water on our lakes and rivers around us.. so no ocean swells to deal with.

Attachments

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The box anchor is great. I use it for deep water anchors because you don’t need a lot of line to get it to set. With that said when I’m shallow I use my mantus anchor which is a lot lighter and grabs fast I love it. Then I put a slide anchor from the box anchor company with a bungee anchor line on the shore. Congrats on the new boat.