• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking the boat (Ar192) up Tuesday, towing question

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Going to pick up my boat Tuesday :) I am not new to Yamaha's but I am new to a tower boat and had a question. Should I or better yet can I pull it home with the tower down? Also, the boat comes with the shipping cover and a brand new (unopened) mooring cover. I would like to use the shipping cover since it's about a 10hr tow and don't care to strap the new cover on for it, but I will if need be.

Thanks

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Someone might correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure you aren't suppose to tow with the tower down. Only for storage. As for the shipping cover you are good to go with hauling with it on. They trailer them down the road that way, no reason it shouldn't be fine behind your truck.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I trailer my boat with the tower up all the time with no issue, but make sure your bimini is closed if you have one, and strapped down. In a boot if possible.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Roger that, sounds like shipping cover good to go and I guess tower up. I will download the manual and see what or if it says anything. Thanks guys!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice, and ya just checked my manual(212x different tower but assume the same) and it says not to tow with the tower down.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Fell in love with the Red/Black scheme of the 2013 the first time I saw it when researching the 19 footers. It's going to be a long haul but it will be worth it all :)

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Know the feeling, I drove 8 hours down into the US to pick mine up! And it is most certainly worth it. Had a blast the half season I've had it. Now just the long LONG wait for spring time in Canada lol

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great boat and enjoy the drive home. Take it slow and enjoy looking back at it in the mirror

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not to create a debate, but the shipping cover was designed to tow with anti-pooling poles in when towing, as well as the Premium Mooring/Trailering cover. The previous Deluxe Mooring/Trailering cover was designed to be towed with poles NOT installed. And yes, always tow with the tower in the upright and locked position, but watch out for low bridges and overhanging limbs. If your cover is black and has side caps over the cleats, you have the Premium Mooring/Trailering cover. Congrats on the boat and good luck on the long haul!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. Have a safe trip. I agree with @txav8r that the shipping cover was designed to be shipped/towed with the poles in. But sometimes results may very, so keep an eye on it and check often while towing.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat! Have a safe trip to Alabama!!!:winkingthumbsup"

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My shipping cover has Ben towed for over 3500 miles with poles in and zero issues. Congratulations on your new boat!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I am pretty sure its the premium mooring/trailering cover and I think they only make one for the 19' boats? Its brand new in the box, so I will see what part# is later. I just wanted to make sure about the shipping cover and the tower. So the consensus is poles IN and tower UP

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pretty sure its the premium mooring/trailering cover and I think they only make one for the 19' boats? Its brand new in the box, so I will see what part# is later. I just wanted to make sure about the shipping cover and the tower. So the consensus is poles IN and tower UP
YES. Tower up, shipping cover on w/ poles in. I towed mine over 3 hours like that at 70 MPH. They are shipped from the factory just like that.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 2.jpg