• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Picking the boat (Ar192) up Tuesday, towing question

Have a safe trip and try not to smile too much. I know my cheeks were sore by the time I got home with mine... LOL

I folded my tower down when I brought my boat home 2 weeks ago. I had no issues with it like that. I did it so I wouldnt get any chips on it since I had to trailer 5 hours one way. I did read the manual after the fact and can say watching it in the rear view mirror, it shook a little which I guess could cause the brackets to fatigue and break possibly. I had no issues and if I was trailering a long distance again, I would fold it again or use the masking tape trick. I didn't get the shipping cover with mine as the dealer I bought from had to get it from another dealer and apparently they kept it... but I did get the spare tire and holder free of charge so now I need to buy the cover from Yamaha. :/

View attachment 11916

Cover for your spare tire. . . .? Why go to yamaha? https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-about-a-jetboaters-logo-spare-tire-cover.2674/page-7#post-59245

Thanks for that, I just asked Bruce how to get a red one... I need a cover for the boat though. I found a guy on ebay selling them for 600 delivered so I will be pinching pennies for the next few weeks to get that before winter. Doesn't help that today I just ordered my wake board/surf racks. :)

Thanks for that, I just asked Bruce how to get a red one... I need a cover for the boat though. I found a guy on ebay selling them for 600 delivered so I will be pinching pennies for the next few weeks to get that before winter. Doesn't help that today I just ordered my wake board/surf racks. :)
lol, you're just getting started on upgrades and mods. I predict your wallet will hate this forum in 6 months:greedy:.

Yeah, I have about 3 to 4k of mods I would like to do. Hopefully some will get accomplished this winter, the hard part is deciding which ones first... then factor in I am really thinking about the Bimini trip next year and that will come at a price due to other mods.... it never ends. Thats why it is called a B.O.A.T.

Back on the road. A few hours in. The boat has 4.5 hours on!!!!!! I was expecting 10 to 15. Wow! :))))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 41
Safe travels back to Ohio!! You are going to have a beautiful weekend to break her in!

Very nice. Can't believe it was hardly used, barley broke in even...

4.5 hours is nothing! Might as well call it brand new:winkingthumbsup"

Yes!!! That's what I thought! The owner was guessing on the hours since he didn't want to run without water and also didn't want to hook the hose up. He thought around 8, so I figured it would be 10 or more but less than 20. One I fired her up and turned the water on, I watched for cooling water to "pee" then began cycling through the menus. I got to hours and about chit myself LOL

We are stopped for the night, I have been driving since 3am and am about pooped!

Ok, without creating a new thread and since there seems to be some active posters in here. WHERE should my veve guides be? To me they seem like they might be too far up on the trailer. Should they be back towards the lights (end of trailer) to actually work correctly?

Yes, I can't sleep and am setting here thinking about what I want / need to to do LOL

Ok, without creating a new thread and since there seems to be some active posters in here. WHERE should my veve guides be? To me they seem like they might be too far up on the trailer. Should they be back towards the lights (end of trailer) to actually work correctly?

Yes, I can't sleep and am setting here thinking about what I want / need to to do LOL
That's where I have mine. It works great. It also allows you to still climb up on the boat without them in the way.

Yeah, I have about 3 to 4k of mods I would like to do. Hopefully some will get accomplished this winter, the hard part is deciding which ones first... then factor in I am really thinking about the Bimini trip next year and that will come at a price due to other mods.... it never ends. Thats why it is called a B.O.A.T.

Make a 5 year plan, otherwise your wife will notice.

Yes put them towards the rear near the lights. Mine are in about a foot. Also, make sure the uprights don't interfere with the gas fill.:winkingthumbsup"

That's where I have mine. It works great. It also allows you to still climb up on the boat without them in the way.
Where is where you have yours Neal? Lol.

My thought was they may be too far forward and the the boat will have to be coming in perfect already to get in between them. Ahh hell I just have to try them and see lol. I have one that's pretty crooked too. Looks like it's leaning forward.

@CFD3Captain What's going to be your home lake here in Ohio? We are kind of limited on options unfortunately. I noticed Buckeye being somewhat close to you on the user map.

@CFD3Captain What's going to be your home lake here in Ohio? We are kind of limited on options unfortunately. I noticed Buckeye being somewhat close to you on the user map.

Out home lake is Salt Fork just outside of Cambridge. We go to Buckeye occasionally but mainly with other couples and no kiddos

My experience with the towing question. I trailered my 192 from TN to Ft. Lauderdale for Bimini with the trailer down (bugs, drag, fuel mileage, low bridges, trees, etc were my concerns) and one of the aluminum brackets broke in half at some point during the trip down. I do have tower speakers which add more weight to the tower and thus the brackets had more weight to support than they were designed for I guess.

I have always trailered it with the tower up from my house to the lake, about 45 minutes on the interstate. So now this will be my plan regardless of the distance.

Shipping cover on, poles down

Back