• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pictures of Electronics/Dash Mods

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have been buzzing through this thread with curiosity about how different screens/radios/general/instrument panel or antenna modifications look. Particularly when adding additional screens. I've found some cool ones but was hoping to find more. Didn't see any kind of modern "show me your pictures" thread on this topic. If there is one, I apologize. But if anyone has something to share please do so. Preliminary planning going on in my head for all sorts of possibilities....and Im an A/V geek.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Arduino driven 3 temp gauges for each engine, and volt meter. Better mounted now. Using an ePaper display, so no back light needed and no glare (but not visible at night without adding some light to it)

I suspect this is not what you had in mind, but it does have an additional display :)

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1612996484681.png

--

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Arduino driven 3 temp gauges for each engine, and volt meter. Better mounted now. Using an ePaper display, so no back light needed and no glare (but not visible at night without adding some light to it)

I suspect this is not what you had in mind, but it does have an additional display :)
This is exactly the type of stuff I want o look at....mounting ideas, equipment ideas. Are there standard engine temps in the stock setup?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The built-in temp sensor on my boat has a documented range, but I did not want to potentially interfere with what the ECU is doing.

I have a sensor taped to the oil filter, another epoxyed to a T that is in line with the water hose leaving the thermostat housing, and one currently ambient temp inside engine bay that I plan to stick to either engine surface or exhaust before next season.

It has proven very effective at identifying small debris in the pump. Water temps go up by several degrees at higher RPM, check clean out, sure enough, there's some crud in there, clean it out, back to normal. Happened maybe 3 times in 2020.

Using something like this for temp:

And the Analog input of the Arduino with some resistors for the voltage display, along with some relays to cut the individual battery feed cable when the arduino is not powered on.

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The built-in temp sensor on my boat has a documented range, but I did not want to potentially interfere with what the ECU is doing.

I have a sensor taped to the oil filter, another epoxyed to a T that is in line with the water hose leaving the thermostat housing, and one currently ambient temp inside engine bay that I plan to stick to either engine surface or exhaust before next season.

It has proven very effective at identifying small debris in the pump. Water temps go up by several degrees at higher RPM, check clean out, sure enough, there's some crud in there, clean it out, back to normal. Happened maybe 3 times in 2020.

Using something like this for temp:

And the Analog input of the Arduino with some resistors for the voltage display, along with some relays to cut the individual battery feed cable when the arduino is not powered on.

Brilliant. Great insurance.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
i love what suke did. that could be next. but initially I didnt want a giant fish finder because we dont fish that much. this is not in the way as much as it looks in this pic, at the time it seemed like a logical place to put it.

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i love what suke did. that could be next. but initially I didnt want a giant fish finder because we dont fish that much. this is not in the way as much as it looks in this pic, at the time it seemed like a logical place to put it.
I don't fish much either. I didn't buy the transducer. I wanted it purely for the maps and point to point navigation.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What was located where those mounts are now? What year/model? Nice work.
Nothing was there i undermounted a thick black piece of starboard and cut it to show only the mounting area of the rams
20190525_150215.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed a Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV using a suction cup Ram Mount and a U-bolt to the windshield support and there is no movement. Seeing the factory depth finder didn’t work but had power, I used those wires to power the unit.
1613056996802.png
1613057018735.png

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a couple holes drilled at the right angle yep!
Yep, I used a hole saw to cut an aluminum plate to pair the Ram Mount to the Garmin mount.