• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Poli Glow

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Has anyone tried this? It looks pretty amazing....which usually equals Scam! My son just ordered it for his boat. So I will be eagerly awaiting his results.

http://shop.myboatstore.com/poli-glow/

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Has anyone tried this? It looks pretty amazing....which usually equals Scam! My son just ordered it for his boat. So I will be eagerly awaiting his results.

http://shop.myboatstore.com/poli-glow/
I'm sold....I'll roll the dice to get rid of my oxidation. I had it done professionally and it all came back in about 3 months......even though it was waxed. Red boat+Florida Sun=oxidation.\

I bought the Poly Ox also to make sure I get all the old stuff off first.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like you are adding a clear coat over a clean hull. I wonder what a few year of adding it would make the hull look like as far as texture.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
REALLY wish I had this for my last boat....Oh well...

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sold....I'll roll the dice to get rid of my oxidation. I had it done professionally and it all came back in about 3 months......even though it was waxed. Red boat+Florida Sun=oxidation.\

I bought the Poly Ox also to make sure I get all the old stuff off first.
Let me know how it works, my camper needs some TLC.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My brother used that on his 01' Crownline a few years ago. He always kept it clean, but never ever waxed it or anything - he doesn't wax his cars either - he's not that kind of guy. He applied that Poli Glow - it was an incredible transformation.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think this is the stuff I used on my old red oxidized boat about 10 years ago. Yeah it is a lot like a clear coat. If I remember, it helped brighten the color a fair amount. It is not some magic juice though. I think it will wear over time and will need to be recoated. Pretty decent stuff though from what my old memory will recall.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As a semi professional detailer, I will tell you to stay away! There are boats out there that have deeply damaged gel and this would be an acceptable answer to bring back a solid color verses painting the boat. Our Yamaha's are not that old and weathered so if you see oxidation it can be removed by wool pads, rotary buffer and a deep cutting compound followed by a finer cutting polish to restore the shine. Remember that once you put this junk on top, you'll have to remove it when it fails (cracks/peels/blotches). I don't have first hand experience with this product but I've dealt with similar ones in the past. Just cut and polish and stay on top of sealing/waxing your boat and you'll have no worries.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
As a semi professional detailer, I will tell you to stay away! There are boats out there that have deeply damaged gel and this would be an acceptable answer to bring back a solid color verses painting the boat. Our Yamaha's are not that old and weathered so if you see oxidation it can be removed by wool pads, rotary buffer and a deep cutting compound followed by a finer cutting polish to restore the shine. Remember that once you put this junk on top, you'll have to remove it when it fails (cracks/peels/blotches). I don't have first hand experience with this product but I've dealt with similar ones in the past. Just cut and polish and stay on top of sealing/waxing your boat and you'll have no worries.
I tried that route. It looked great when I got it back from the detailer. But the oxidation all came back in a couple months even though I was waxing it to try and protect it. I had decided to not spend the money to paint a 10 year old boat so this was worth a shot at such a small cost.

This was when I first got the boat. Some of it was coming off. The previous owner had it on a slip behind his house and never waxed it once. I got some off in my driveway but it came right back. The pro got it all off but it came right back. Maybe the finish is just too far gone.

It's pretty much back to the chalky pinkish haze you see in this old picture. I did replace all the decals so they look a lot better.

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
just for clarification, wool pads are fairly aggressive, right? do you use a compound with a wool pad, or pad alone. is a woolpad equivalent to somekind of sandpaper grit, like 1500?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tried that route. It looked great when I got it back from the detailer. But the oxidation all came back in a couple months even though I was waxing it to try and protect it. I had decided to not spend the money to paint a 10 year old boat so this was worth a shot at such a small cost.

This was when I first got the boat. Some of it was coming off. The previous owner had it on a slip behind his house and never waxed it once. I got some off in my driveway but it came right back. The pro got it all off but it came right back. Maybe the finish is just too far gone.

It's pretty much back to the chalky pinkish haze you see in this old picture. I did replace all the decals so they look a lot better.
It sounds like whoever did the buff did not use proper compounds that eat away the layer of oxidation. There are a ton of products that will restore an oxidized finish to original color because they contain fillers and oils. You might need to wet sand if it's very deep. I would still wet sand before I use a top coat miracle product.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
just for clarification, wool pads are fairly aggressive, right? do you use a compound with a wool pad, or pad alone. is a woolpad equivalent to somekind of sandpaper grit, like 1500?
Wool pads are not used alone in most cases. They work well in combination with products. Both the wool and product, cut and polish. Whatever product you are using, read the instructions. If they say to use a quarter sized amount of product on a 2x2 area they mean it! The products are designed to break down and dry while cutting/polishing and if you have 2 times the amount of product, it may not work as well.