• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pondering a chip ban ...

Bite size items are actually much better... as I think more about this, it's mostly triscuits, anything orange/red as people have mentioned, and the massive freakin' tortilla chips that are twice the size of the largest human mouth ever documented. I don't think I'll completely ban them, but will definitely enforce a "swim deck only" snack rule ...

This is a great thread. I can't get over that I have at least 7+ cup holders and 2 large garbage cans (under the Windscreens) yet people put their empties all over the boat floor and seats. I find them tucked under seats right next to the cup holder. Pretty funny

Ha ha, you guys kill me. I tried to get a handle on that crap a while back. Couldn't do it. The minute I wasn't looking one of those sneaky little gremlins would have something gooey or melty all over the seats - I think it comes out of their pores! :mad:

It was no more than five minutes after launching that I look in the bow and there are grubby black finger prints everywhere! You ask how they did that, how they got black stuff on their hands and they stare at you like a cat! Like I'm speaking Portuguese or something.

I do try and keep anything red or orange relegated to the swim platform. Unless I'm eating it of course, but then it would probably be an apple or an orange....

Although I did 86 a cooler last weekend. One of the older kids shows up wheeling this monster cooler - telescoping handle, wheels, hard sides....I just said nuh uh, that's not going on board.
I thought she was gonna cry....

...Then I handed her my new soft sided cooler and told her to transfer the contents. That turned her frown upside down because for a minute there she though she couldn't bring her beloved PBR's.

But I got the point across, told her next time she might not be so lucky.....I might not have an empty one for her to use.:winkingthumbsup"

Geez.....It's not like she was trying to bust through the bottom of the boat with a bowling ball sized rock!!!.....LOL

Holy crap. this one really gets me going. All the damn crumb crunchers spreading stuff everywhere. It all seems to collect in the crack around the gas tank lid where I can;t clean it out but at the end of season.

Last summer, my mom in law was cleaning her toes into the gas tank crack. About turned my stomach :vomit: knowing what I was to find in the fall.

Last summer, my mom in law was cleaning her toes into the gas tank crack. About turned my stomach :vomit: knowing what I was to find in the fall.
I can't imagine BANNING a guest from eating chips on my boat. Or even bringing bottles or wine is fine with me too. BUT......
Cleaning toes!?!?!?!? :wtf: I have no problem banning that! :vomit:

Am I the only one who just hoses out his boat after an outing? We mostly leave the carpet out and it's a quick, easy clean up no matter what is brought into my boat.

Chip dip guys!
Keeps the crumbs together and makes the whole chip go in the mouth!
Nom nom nom nom....

popcorn in a bag really "sucks" the vacuum from the wind can suck the popcorn right out of the bag if sat in the wrong place. its like a vortex of popcorn the rest of the day

Combos.......nuff said!!!! :mad:

GOLDFISH!!!

We only allow food to be eaten on the back deck. Cam.

This is hilarious... These boats clean so easy.. Wait a minute.. Who brought chocolate chip cookies on board? That is on the non preferred list. :D

No Cheetos...other than that, no worries, even red wine will clean up...but it is better if you don't spill it!

"Swim deck only" that's how we do it. If they drop crumbs , they wash away and give the fish a snack.

Yep... "Eating is on the swim deck please :)"

There was a time when I would worry about things like chip crumbs....now I just hose it out at the end of the day. Not worth worrying about.

You guys should have to deal with Georgia Red Clay, chips, snacks, and Red Wine can't even compare!

I have an old Red Devil vacuum that I keep on board. It is the size of a mini vac, but plugs in to the wall socket. Man, does it suck.

What it doesn't get the hose does. I try to keep the orange bits away, but I bought the boat to have fun with the family and friends, not to stay clean forever. Besides, the skipper likes Doritos...

I hate to disagree, the worst is Cheetos. I am a recovering clean freak (as to my boat), I have a two year old so I don't have to worry about a clean boat anymore, I have given up.

After 14 years of kids I consider myself a "recoverED" (as opposed to recoverING) clean freak. I gave up trying to keep my car clean. It's a waste of stress. I've got other things to spend my stress on that I actually CAN control.

In the boat, he wife and I try to take care of the "big" messes on the spot. Then about mid-summer (which means after about 4 outings) we'll spend some time doing a real good clean-up. Then we do it again in the Fall before storage.

As was mentioned, the big thing is to get rid of the bits of food that attract mice and other unsavory elements.

Back