• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pondering a chip ban ...

I told my wife about this post, she told me " I'm still eating chips " Lol, needless to say she didn't even eat the chips she brought out Saturday.

x100 on banning oreo cookies. A wet oreo is a nasty cleanup.

No Colored Drinks on the Boat
No Nuclear Orange Snacks on the Boat
No Loose Tobacco on the Boat
No Smoking on the Boat
No Spray Suntan Lotion on the Boat

Otherwise have fun.

Curious how the anti-chip crowd answered the sex on the boat poll. :)

Speaking of suntan block, even the lotion can drip all over. I found suntan block in a deodorant style dispenser that I threw in my glove box for those that forget to put it on before getting in the boat.

No Colored Drinks on the Boat
No Nuclear Orange Snacks on the Boat
No Loose Tobacco on the Boat
No Smoking on the Boat
No Spray Suntan Lotion on the Boat

Otherwise have fun.
Are you a new boat owner?
I'm just asking because your statement sounds a lot like what I used to say when I was a new boat owner. My wife now calls those statements, "Bull, the shit I used to talk." Now my attitude is 180 degrees from where it used to be. I only wash it twice a year, don't towel it off after getting it on the trailer and don't break out the hose or shop vac after every use. However, we had and will continue to have a great time on the boat not worrying about every crumb, scratch or hard water spot ( but I do clean off the scum line ). I am not calculating my ROI based on my boat's expected resale value. IMHO, investments like this are measured in smiles and memories of those onboard.

Last edited:
...though I do, despite my prior stance in allowing snacks, require that you go to the back deck to spray your sunscreen, please. Hard enough to get that junk off of back there without it being all over the boat.

Are you a new boat owner?
I'm just asking because your statement sounds a lot like what I used to say when I was a new boat owner. My wife now calls those statements, "Bull, the shit I used to talk." Now my attitude is 180 degrees from where it used to be. I only wash it twice a year, don't towel it off after getting it on the trailer and don't break out the hose or shop vac after every use. However, we had and will continue to have a great time on the boat not worrying about every crumb, scratch or hard water spot ( but I do clean off the scum line ). I am not calculating my ROI based on my boat's expected resale value. IMHO, investments like this are measured in smiles and memories of those onboard.

Agreed. If the weather is nice enough to detail the boat then you really should be thinking about taking it out.

...though I do, despite my prior stance in allowing snacks, require that you go to the back deck to spray your sunscreen, please. Hard enough to get that junk off of back there without it being all over the boat.

You're not kidding, we were out last week with another family of four. The mom in the family tells their youngest son to apply sunscreen and sends him to the swim deck to apply it. 3-4 minutes later and a chemical cloud begins to drift over the boat. I laughed about it until I walked to the rear of the boat and the hydro turf on top of the clean out plug tray is white..:banghead:. Pita to get off the hydro turf after a little sunlight.

I think the sunscreen wipes off of the vinyl interior much easier than it does hydroturf. The vinyl looks like it was wiped down with armor all or comparable cleaner/conditioner afterwards.

I've read that sunscreen breaks down the vinyl. I always clean mine with simple green and then condition. A tip I got from a guy that used to maintain a fleet of ski boats.

No spray sunscreen allowed.. That stuff sucks the big one.

It seems everyone wants to apply their spray on sunscreen in the bow. Which means it coats the seats, and worst of all the windshield. I used Rejex for the first time this spring, and applied it to the windshield as well as the hull/tower/ trailer etc. I have to say it really helps keep the glass and tower clean.

Side Note Not Intended To Sidetrack This Thread: We haven't pulled the boat out since it went into the drink in April, so I'm not really looking forward to scrubbing the hull this fall. However, the sideboard above the waterline still looks absolutely amazing. So I am hoping Rejex has held up, and will make cleaning the hull easier.

Back