• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pop Yachts Broker?

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rob9550 I never got to use POP since the day I was going to sign with them I sold the boat through Craigslist. The only issue I saw was that if you have your boat listed with POP, and on Craigslist at a cheaper price, it could become a problem if a buyer learns about your boat on the POP website and then wants to buy from you at the Craigslist price. The contract says that any lead generated by POP means they get a commission even if you sell the boat yourself to this lead, I believe for 6 months, and that could cause some misunderstandings. Other than that, I really didn't see a problem and would have listed it with them if I had not sold it.

Good luck...

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I sold my 242 and ended the contract with POP, they replied and asked if I had sold it to this list of people. Had about 25 names on it. I replied no, as I hadn't, and that was that. They congratulated me on the sale and said if they could ever help again to let them know.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I sold my 242 and ended the contract with POP, they replied and asked if I had sold it to this list of people. Had about 25 names on it. I replied no, as I hadn't, and that was that. They congratulated me on the sale and said if they could ever help again to let them know.
They asked if the buyer was on their list? Hmmm......sounds like they get people to pay them a fee if they bought the boat direct from the buyer and not through them. That little clause is probably listed inside their sales contract and comes back to bite some. This sounds a little underhanded to me but definitely unfounded until I hear a story of this nature from someone first hand.

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They asked if the buyer was on their list? Hmmm......sounds like they get people to pay them a fee if they bought the boat direct from the buyer and not through them. That little clause is probably listed inside their sales contract and comes back to bite some. This sounds a little underhanded to me but definitely unfounded until I hear a story of this nature from someone first hand.
POP is just asking to get a commission if they were the ones to generate the lead--here is the quote from their contract:

Any Buyer procured by POP before cancellation or termination of this agreement is considered protected for a period of 6 months. Should Seller complete a transaction with a Buyer procured by POP, Seller shall be obligated to pay a commission to POP in the amount of 10% of the last asking price, or a minimum of $2,500 (Two Thousand Five Hundred US Dollars) (whichever is greater).
The full contract is pretty straightforward and didn't contain anything I couldn't agree to. You can't blame POP for protecting the leads they generate otherwise the seller could just make a deal on the side with any lead POP generated.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see them as trying to get contracts on as many boats as possible so they can collect this fee from a small % of people who thought they could use their promotions to their advantage.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ha they called me today too from my CL ad.