• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Popular Mechanic's take on Yamaha 242 in the ocean

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think someone at Popular Mechanic has a yamaha because this is the second thing i have seen in a week. First one was about the Jeep Gladiator but they were towing a Yamaha.

This one is a positive review of Yamaha as a hybrid fresh/salt water boat

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are we sure he reviewed a Yamaha? He said it's quiet!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess these new age reviews are just not my thing...

But they do get some of their observations correctly, here is how I would describe riding a wragler, too (we test drive those things periodically as my wife has an infatuation and has always, always wanted one... That once every 2-3 year ride cures it)

"On a graph of fun versus refinement, Jeep's pickup is way out on the goofy side, intentionally not-slick. It's noisy and the solid-axle front end wanders like a loose beagle. The standard V6's peaky, high-rpm power delivery is comically out of sync with the Gladiator's otherwise brutish persona (peak horsepower at 6,400 rpm, peak torque at 4,400 rpm)."

Nailed it... I'm kind of nervous driving those things at highway speeds let alone towing anything behind...
Towing a 240...???? I don't think so.

--