• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port throttle pulls back

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello, 13 hours on my 2015 242 LS, and the port throttle pulls back so that you need to hold it in place or it slips back. Warranty work?

Thanks, Mike

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same issue with mine at 17 hours. Had dealer fix them when I brought it in for the 10 hour service. I haven't checked them yet though hopefully they fixed it. Also had them calibrate the throttles as I had to have th port throttle a little farther forward to keep the rpms the same. Didn't think I would want the thottle sync accessorie but know is see the benefit. Just can't justify the price.

CharlestonJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 05 SX230 did that, right around the 2000-3000RPM range. My 15 S doesn't, but I did install the throttelesync, and think it was money well spent.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a '15 AR240 and my port throttle slipped back too. Had it "fixed" when I brought it in for the 10 hr service a couple days ago. Took the boat out today for the first time since the fix... not fixed. I'm starting to understand why most Yamaha owners are DIY types.

CharlestonJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Next time I'm out, I won't use the TS, and see if either throttle slips on its own.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes, please do. If throttle synch fixes the throttle drop, I will order it. I would just hate to order it and have it not fix the throttle drop.

Thanks!!!

CharlestonJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, the throttle doesn't slip while I use the TS (that is to say, I use it most of the time), so the only question is, if I happen to have throttles that don't slip anyways.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There seems to an easier way to fix this on the 15's. Check this out.

Attachments

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey I had feedback in the throttles today. Like a waver while moving to a plane. Worked ok all day after that.

Ever get feedback like that?

Last edited:

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There seems to an easier way to fix this on the 15's. Check this out.
Tried the adjustment. I had great hopes this fix would work. It just made it hard to move the port throttle and it still dropped rpm but not as much. I backed off the screw a bit.

The port side is not aligned starboard underway. At full throttle the port is over 200 rpm higher starboard.

Going to have the shop come sync them up. Something not right.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tried the adjustment. I had great hopes this fix would work. It just made it hard to move the port throttle and it still dropped rpm but not as much. I backed off the screw a bit.

The port side is not aligned starboard underway. At full throttle the port is over 200 rpm higher starboard.

Going to have the shop come sync them up. Something not right.
I was told by my dealer that Yamaha recommends not adjusting unless the difference is over 500 rpm. Mine have about a 300 rpm difference.

impulsion

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
another useful gem. My boat has this problem. Seems strange to me that everyone has the same throttle (port) slipping back - can't think of any reason why.

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My dealer adjusted the cable at both ends and did not solve the problem. Yamaha is going to replace the port throttle box. Should have it replaced end of next week.

nestofpirates

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Seems like a big change for a small problem. Let us know if that is the final fix. I have this problem in my new 2015 242 Limited, but I've been without a boat up until now and really don't want to give the boat back to the dealer for any length of time, especially if that time includes a weekend.

serg of energy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My port slips back a little too if I don't hold it. I let it slip back and then slightly adjust the starboard to match the rpms.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length