• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Positive Experience dealing with Rec Boats

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'd like to throw in an update here on my 215ID Wake Edition.

when we took delivery of our boat from our local dealer...it was a dealer to dealer trade. He was willing to drive 5 hours away to get a new local customer and I didn't have to go buy and fetch the boat 5 hours away.....when the boat was unwrapped, it was not the advertised colour. That was a mistake by the first dealer, who advertised the boat as something else. As it turned out, we ended up loving the yellow so it was hardly an issue.....the boat was also missing one of the rear seats as well as two pieces of the Scarab logo mats on the floor!

So here's what Rec-Boats did to rectify the situation. They manufactured us a seat and FedExed it ASAP, and ordered a new scarab mat....instead o just giving us the two pieces we were missing, they gave us a complete set, explaining they have to order a complete set rather than individual pieces so decided to give the whole batch to us...we now have spares of almost all the pieces. On top of that, they also asked if we would like any upgrades for free, and we settled for the optional tower kicker speakers as well as the table, with them paying our dealer to mount at their expense.....all in all, over a thousand dollars in upgrades.

While I see a lot of negative shit about Scarabs and because of that, RecBoat/Beneteau......while yes, we did have problems, they responded extremely well to polite pleases and thank you's and as far as I'm concerned, bent over backwards to rectify, correct and improve by giving more as an apology.

We combined having all these upgrades done with our 25hour service in which we also had to have the windshield re-aligned. The centre windshield was no longer closing properly as we live on a large lake with some good waves on it....and having a planing hull ensures you get slammed a lot.

happy Boating!!

Solraider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's good to hear about RecBoat. Did you call RecBoat direct or work through your dealer?

I have a view minor QC issues and have been waiting for the dealer to take care of providing the components. I can install them myself and prefer not to drive 2-1/2 hours one way. Been waiting for several weeks, I suppose I'll do the typical follow-up call fairly soon.

Thanks

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I think having an awesome dealer is part of it....but they also got the sales manager who looks after the dealers in this part of North America involved and she went above and beyond.

Solraider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi James, my dealer here in central Mn is not very responsive. Would you mind emailing me the rec boat sale mgr name and email address, I would like to contact that person to get to the proper person I need to converse with.
My email is jlashyro@yahoo.com Thanks

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya know... There was a time where the scarab thread was on fire with constant issues with scarab boats... But its been quiet for a long while now... It seems as though the new boats may have solved some of the issues with the brand.

Solraider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm sure Scarab has made improvements. I took delivery of new boat two months ago, while trailering it home the engine hatch kept opening, sent info to dealer wanting a new post, still waiting. Before the wet test I looked areas over based on issues members of this community detailed. Good thing I did, the intake grate bolts were loose with one coming out by over 1/2", shavings in hull under engine, marine mat is missing snaps (still waiting for snaps and the flapping is irritating), did a hose clamp check and the water intake clamp at the exhaust manifold was finger loose so it was never tightened from factory. My wife likes the boat and I am neutral on it based on dealers unresponsive/silence. People who see the boat ask how we like it etc and I can't give a positive response at this time.

Having a good dealer is everything.

Last edited:

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ya know... There was a time where the scarab thread was on fire with constant issues with scarab boats... But its been quiet for a long while now... It seems as though the new boats may have solved some of the issues with the brand.
They probably don't own it anymore... I'm one.