• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible Lake Ouachita Gathering in 2017

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just so you know, we've been watching this thread just-in-case Bimini does not work out for us this year. This would be a good trip that way we can get my wife's twin sister to come up from Dallas is well.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We might might be able to provide some traportation as we will be leaving from Frisco.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We are on Ouachita nearly every weekend from Spring through Fall so we will come to a gathering. That is assuming Yamaha can find a way to replace my engine by then.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be interested in boating and camping at Lake Ouachita this spring/summer. Looks to be about a 8 hour drive for us which is doable.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could rest in Frisco, then we can have convoy the next morning.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You could rest in Frisco, then we can have convoy the next morning.
Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Splitting the trip into two days (i.e. leave after work) makes it a very reasonable drive. Now just need to pick a date!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boy, there is a big Texas group that want to go to this thing. We could probably have several large convoys if we could get organized.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boy, there is a big Texas group that want to go to this thing. We could probably have several large convoys if we could get organized.
Thanks for volunteering @PEARCE To organize it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So it looks like Bimini is swaying for a July week. If so, are we considering Memorial day weekend for this gathering ?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be more inclined to a mid to late June weekend then Memorial day weekend. The water is usually still almost too cold to enjoy swimming in that early in the season. I personally would rather be on familiar waters on busy holiday weekends too.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
oh I see. The swimming part did not cross my mind at all. :muted:

Well, you are the organizing authority and as long as it does not overlap with Bimini, we will most likely make it.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know the weather down here in Central Texas can be hit or miss in late May. Ouachita June/July water and weather temps look good to me.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let me add this to your scheduling thoughts, Ouachita will be calmer than your Texas lakes on any weekend but on weekdays it will feel like we have the place to ourselves. On weekdays the surfers will be able to find miles of glassy water and we will have our pick of the best islands.

Avoiding holiday weekends will make it easier and cheaper to find accommodations.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be interested in a Lake Ouachita Trip, we talked about it last summer.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just booked a family trip to check the lake out July 5th, 6th and 7th. Staying in a cabin at Lake Ouachita State Park. Any specific places (nice islands, beaches, etc) we should check out on the lake? Will anyone be on the lake those days?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those dates might be overlapping or be too tight for the Bimini trip. Are you not going to Bimini ?:eek:

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have bad timing SeanPC. We will be at the campground in the park from 6/30 through 7/4. We will have to work 7/5-7, and then probably will be back on 7/8 so we will just miss you. That week is probably one of the most popular for families staying the whole week for vacation but it won't be very crowded. From the cabins, you will be able to either leave your boat in the water with a bungie rope or the launch ramp is only about 1/2 mile away. The park is several miles from town so you will want to take about everything you need with you to avoid wasting time. We put in from the park about every weekend and I consider that the best part of the lake. Feel free to ask any questions as you plan your trip.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those dates might be overlapping or be too tight for the Bimini trip. Are you not going to Bimini ?:eek:
Was really hoping to make the Bimini trip this year but have 3 weddings and will be pretty much out of vacation time once all said and done. Only have about 10 hours piloting this boat so need some more hours under my belt to feel comfortable making the crossing.

Last edited:

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have bad timing SeanPC. We will be at the campground in the park from 6/30 through 7/4. We will have to work 7/5-7, and then probably will be back on 7/8 so we will just miss you. That week is probably one of the most popular for families staying the whole week for vacation but it won't be very crowded. From the cabins, you will be able to either leave your boat in the water with a bungie rope or the launch ramp is only about 1/2 mile away. The park is several miles from town so you will want to take about everything you need with you to avoid wasting time. We put in from the park about every weekend and I consider that the best part of the lake. Feel free to ask any questions as you plan your trip.
Ugh that is unfortunate timing! We're planning on bringing all the food we need with us so hopefully shouldn't need to run into town. I was going to try and get a slip so I don't have to trailer the boat everyday. Any specific island or beaches to check out?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think you are making a good call. I am in very similar position as you, but if i have to wait for another 18 months my head will explode. So i made the following adjustments.
  • I did not RSVP on my wife's best friend wedding in HI at the end of June.
  • I worked during our vacation in SantaFe last week so i can have enough vacation days
  • I am counting my 4 hours of pontoon boat & 2 hours of jet ski as a piloting experience for crossing the ocean in the Bermuda Triangle.
The world is conspiring against me going, but I am fighting back. LOL. The only responsible thing I am doing so far is not to bring the kids during the crossing.