• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible Lake Ouachita Gathering in 2017

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will gladly attend a gathering at our favorite lake. :)

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stop in Frisco ? I am 2 miles from 380 which is in on the way.... we could make a mini convoy on Saturday am.

PS. We have a rolling gate and vicious dog, so you precious will be super safe.
@Betik - Really appreciate the thought! I might now be taking a detour/waiting on friends to join up so don't want anyone to wait on me. As June gets closer, should be able to firm up plans and I'll let you know.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Drove from central Texas to Nashville to visit my parents this week and on the way back (just got home) went through Hot Springs, Arkansas. There was some sort of Corvette rally Saturday and the town was packed even in less than perfect weather. Seemed like a neat town. Next time want to spend more time downtown and checking out Hot Springs Lake.

My July 4th trip to Ouachita was cancelled. What's everyone's availability for the weekend of June 17th or 24th? Will probably be a Saturday and Sunday trip and drive home Monday for us. Prefer a cabin if possible for our first trip. Any recommendations on places to stay? Parents may be joining our boating excursions Saturday and Sunday as they want to explore the lake.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There was some sort of Corvette rally Saturday and the town was packed even in less than perfect weather
That was the 19 annual Corvette Weekend. The city provides space at the convention center for a display and at the airport for an auto cross. There is a larger motorcycle gathering in the fall. The most exciting groups are a Texas based Porsche dealer that organizes high speed runs through the area and a Ferrari club that visits occasionally. Last year we were downtown with the kids have dinner at the Bathhouse Brewery when the American Gumball Rally passed by.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That was the 19 annual Corvette Weekend. The city provides space at the convention center for a display and at the airport for an auto cross. There is a larger motorcycle gathering in the fall. The most exciting groups are a Texas based Porsche dealer that organizes high speed runs through the area and a Ferrari club that visits occasionally. Last year we were downtown with the kids have dinner at the Bathhouse Brewery when the American Gumball Rally passed by.
Ahh, ok. Checking out Hot Spring was impromptu decision while driving down the road (my wife's actually) and now makes me really wish I spent more time checking it out. I've only ever seen Gumball Rally videos on YouTube. If I had seen it in person, I would have nerded-out big time. Arkansas is really growing on me.

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any solid dates yet for this?

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking for a cabin or place to stay on Ouachita. Any recommendations? Leaning towards June 17th -19th or 24th -26th.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for a cabin or place to stay on Ouachita. Any recommendations? Leaning towards June 17th -19th or 24th -26th.
Do you want nice or cheap? I would go with Mountain Harbor's condos if you want luxury and Crystal Springs or Brady Mountain if you want better value.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I get to vote; may I suggest I June 17th? I don't want to take the boat out so close to the Bimini trip. I was hoping to the boat all prepped and to go for Florida by June 18th.

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
June 17 works for me

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bump. Let's do this!

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, we will be at Ouchita, putting in at Brady mountain resort and will likely stay a couple nights. If you'd like to meet up, PM me and I'll give you my contact info. Hope to see some of you there!