• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible source for windshields

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Good point, I do not mean to detract from this awesome forum or the incredible work members have done here. Just thought I would pass along the information because these windshields / hatches need all the aftermarket and DIY support they can get as a weak point on the LS2000 and variants. I did find it interesting there is a difference between the port and starboard sides, subtle and unnecessary but there is difference. I certainty would have just made one to fit both sides. I'm thinking a thread with a compilation of aftermarket and DIY support for these windshields might be a good idea.

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I second your thread concept regarding aftermarket materials. Its a great idea. Also pleased to learn about additional options for windscreens as no one has made many and I sorely need some. Mine are in bad shape and its an eyesore for a boat that is in otherwise good condition.

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Here is preventative measure I saw on this sight I plan on copying. The guy used some thin cable to make a stop so the windshield did not rest against the hinge when open. The cable was removable with a caribeaner at one end so the storage box could be removed when needed.Screenshot_20230123-012005_Chrome.jpg

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Windshields i saw on ebay the top ones appear to be cut down.

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Here is a picture of anouther idea for hatch stop straps. Maybe some ls2000 boats came this way they look factory. Screenshot_20230319-183919_Photos.jpg

mizbond007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length