• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post your pictures of your 212X

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some really nice pics in here... I need to get some at water level when we're in shallower water.

I've been considering lightly tinting the windows, not sure how it would look with the silver frame though. Looks awesome on the black framed windows. :cool:

D
Go at least 20 percent or possibly 5 if you want the blackout look.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Some really nice pics in here... I need to get some at water level when we're in shallower water.

I've been considering lightly tinting the windows, not sure how it would look with the silver frame though. Looks awesome on the black framed windows. :cool:

D
With a silver frame windshield I wouldn't go more than 35%, that would look good.

This is 20% with a silver frame.

20140913_085753.jpg

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With a silver frame windshield I wouldn't go more than 35%, that would look good.

This is 20% with a silver frame.

View attachment 12084
I respectfully disagree. 35 is practically a no tint on a boat. I used 20 on a silver frame and I would never go less. Different opinions...

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome Big_D.
We have the same boat. I hope your family experiences the same amount of fun on yours as we have on ours.

Thanks buckbuck... we're loving it, we've already her out 7 times since we brought her home! :D The kids love wake boarding, I was hoping they would. It all about making memories!

D

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Appreciate all the replies on tint...:thumbsup:

I respectfully disagree. 35 is practically a no tint on a boat. I used 20 on a silver frame and I would never go less. Different opinions...

Jawsf16, I'm assuming that's 20 on yours then? If so, it looks good... better than I thought it would. I'm going to see if I can find some pics of an 08-10 212x tinted. I wonder how hard it would be to have the frame powder coated. o_O

D

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks buckbuck... we're loving it, we've already her out 7 times since we brought her home! :D The kids love wake boarding, I was hoping they would. It all about making memories!

D
@Big_D glad to have you on board, update you profile with your location and it will automatically add you to the user map,

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks Scott, I'll head over now and update it.

David

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Big_D here are a bunch of tint pics to compare. Yep, its 20. Almost went with 5 but I am very happy with the 20. I wouldn't mess with your tower or frame. The silver frame blends nicely into the silver tower. The silver frame with the black tower is a little more noticeable...

IMG_1532.JPG IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_9099.JPG ...

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
tinting looks bad ass, did you do it, or have it done?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

nschoenherr1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
First Yamaha and couldn't be happier! Recent purchase before winter 09 212x with only 103 hours. IMG_1418.jpg More pics once we thaw out. Soon to be installed (4)Exile XM9's, Big12 DVC, Zone Controller MKII, Bluetooth EXBT4, (2)XM30.2 and (1)Javelin.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@nschoenherr1 Good call on the exile audio...we are putting the surf speakers, cabin, javelin, and digital media controller. Also adding two 8 inch evo subs to round out the system. We are only about 6 minutes to the exile headquarters so supporting the local economy is a plus! Welcome to the 212x family...we've got just shy of 200 hours in two seasons. I've got a killer ballast upgrade if you need some advise.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Getting cleaned up for the winter nap......

image.jpeg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll play... Can't wait for spring to get here!
image.jpeg