• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post your Yamaha 190, 192 Lighting Upgrade Pics!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would consider mine a soft glow. It can also be dimmed. I would avoid cheapo dimmers, mine fried some lights up, it was a lot of work to fix it.

upload_2016-6-27_23-39-29.png

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love it. 1 question @JerryG , @swatski , is it a soft glow at night or is it a bright glow? In every picture I see LEDs seem to be crazy bright and I want a soft glow.
Its a soft glow. I agree, didn't want anything too bright. I will post a few more pics this afternoon.
20160618_221931.jpg

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I like the led rings on the speakers, do you just splice them right into the speaker wire ?

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where do you get speaker rings?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You forgot your beer! No beer left behind...

Looks nice

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the led rings on the speakers, do you just splice them right into the speaker wire ?
Where do you get speaker rings?
Sorry guys, missed these posts!
I can't find it now, bought the LED rings on ebay, were like $40-50 each, not terribly cheap and kind of a pain to install. Have them wired on the same circuit as cockpit LEDs thorough tower harness.

Corey Champlin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
has anyone used electroluminescent wire? I havery a little experience with it . flexible like a speaker wire. bright. dimmable. the downside is it has a hair thin wire to inside to work with.
TCW_New_Website_El_WireDSC_6002.jpg

Dieselmore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it's been a while since you posted these pictures but what lights did you use for the underwater transom lighting?
its been awhile since ive been on here. The under water lights I got from amazon. Nothing special. I think they called them marine under water lights.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DBamaC - I used your excellent guide to start my lights tonight. So Far I just did the bow. I need to get some different wire connectors and shrink tubing before I finish. All connected to the courtesy light switch.

Lights - Bow.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I need to do this over the winter. I've seen @DBamaC's and @Bill D boats at night and they look sweet with the lighting.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I almost bought some LED strips while at Walmart today. They were like $29 for two strips though for the extra bright ones. They had some for $17 that were not as bright. How long did your install take @DBamaC ?

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i got the cheaper ones since i didn't want super bright. For me the time consuming part was collecting all the wiring pieces and connectors. This can easily be done in 1 day.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I almost bought some LED strips while at Walmart today. They were like $29 for two strips though for the extra bright ones. They had some for $17 that were not as bright. How long did your install take @DBamaC ?
Me and Lindz did it in a few hours. I used her little hands and arms in a couple of the tighter spaces. She's probably come give you a hand if you want her to.

I think I spent around $50 for everything I bought (lights, wire, waterproof connectors and a blue courtesy light to replace the factory light by the throttle).

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Working on all the cockpit LED's today. I'm doing 6 in the cockpit and 2 on the swim deck. It's hot as hell but so far I got the bow knocked out. I'm glad I did not do the 5050 LED's in the cockpit as those would be way too bright for me and affect my night vision. I will put the super bright 5050's on the swim deck vents. Loving the look!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg