• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Potential 2017/2018 AR190 owner - Advice needed

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but curious if any of you were keeping your AR190 in your garage? I'm looking at buying an 2017 AR190 with the Shoreland'r Galvanized Trailer. I have a 7ft garage door opening.
I store my 2019 AR195 in a garage with a 7ft door. I needed to adjust the tower cable stops to drop the tower a few more inches and it's still tight but no other modifications were needed.

jryan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks so much to both of you. I saw the youtube video about the cable stops. I believe my tower is the same setup that's on the 2019.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks so much to both of you. I saw the youtube video about the cable stops. I believe my tower is the same setup that's on the 2019.
I used the @haknslash mod for the first year. I have my cable stops completely disconnected at this point. Tower rests on the steering wheel for the 10min it takes to back the boat in.

Quite literally the VERY first thing I did to the boat. Was close to storming when we brought it home, so I removed the cables quickly and got it in the garage before the rain started. Hadn't owned the boat more than maybe an hour or so.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a 2018, AR190 and are very satisfied with it. Bought as a leftover and got many extras thrown in and decent amount off MSRP. Boat is very comfortable, handles really well and handles rough seas as well as a 19' will. Top speed is about 43mph and fuel usage is very reasonable. Hugh bonus is very easy maintenance and the boat resides in our garage which keeps it looking new. No regrets here.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the @haknslash mod for the first year. I have my cable stops completely disconnected at this point. Tower rests on the steering wheel for the 10min it takes to back the boat in.

Quite literally the VERY first thing I did to the boat. Was close to storming when we brought it home, so I removed the cables quickly and got it in the garage before the rain started. Hadn't owned the boat more than maybe an hour or so.
I wish my garage ceilings were a foot taller so I could put the tower back up after getting it in the garage.

jryan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my boat today. Did the cable stop mod and it fit perfectly in the garage. Thanks everyone

Chris Deleon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Michael,

Not much help here on price as I'm up in Canada, but I just purchased a 2017 AR190 and here is my take on your questions.

Space + power
- we often have 4-5 adults on board pulling tube etc and it handles us just fine, it does take putting the hammer down to get on plane and I loose a few off the top end, but I'm not looking for to speed so much as comfortable cruising around 20-25 mph anyways.

I do notice that I loose speed if trying to rip through sharp turns, when I first got out I was a little concerned that I made the wrong call but I have since learned to manage my speed better and turn more efficiently so this is no longer a problem.

As for choppy water, we were out on a fairly large lake on Canada day, and though it was far from terrible, it was quite rough and I felt the boat handled it well, I would have no concerns if I got caught out in a bit of ugly weather, just get up on plane and hold on.

As for the best advice I can give.... yeah, I agree it would be nice to have a bigger boat and more power, but I am completely happy with my AR190. It fits well in my storage area, it easy to haul, very good on fuel, and easy to maintain (I like only having one engine to maintain). All in all I'm content with my boat. There are a few nice upgrades on the AR195, but I didn't want the supercharger, And will likely do my own upgrades anyways so it's not the end of the world.

I think either will make you happy, if you can hop on and ride one it would be well worth it, also don't be discouraged your first trip out wondering if you chose the right one, just enjoy your boat and have lots of fun! :D
What upgrades can you do to the motor?

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What upgrades can you do to the motor?
Had to look back and see what I said back then! Haha

I think I was more talking about how the 195 has some nice upgrades.

That being said, I don’t really know of much in the upgrade department for the motor on a 195.Maybe the spark arrestor?

In the end I actually did end up making an upgrade to my 190... added a few feet and a second engine! (When upgrading your a 212X) but I still feel the 190 is an awesome boat and would recommend it to anyone looking for a 19ft boat in that price range.