• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

power port location (opinion and pics)

I installed mine in the port swim deck cupholder. There are several holes drilled around the charging port for drainage and I didn't have to modify my shipping or mooring covers. If I could do it again I'd install it in the same place but would go with the noco unit since it is universal and doesn't require any splicing. I have the guest proprietary port now. Marineco makes them in black and white but you have to splice in the charger leads.

View attachment 8111

I like that idea. Thanks

@davel501 I didn't read any reviews before I bought it. However, with what you were just saying that the reviews were bad, I quickly looked it up to read them. I am not seeing many bad reviews at all. Here are the reviews from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-150BB...s/B000NI38MG/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Where are you seeing the bad reviews? If I am going to be having issues with this outlet, I would like to be ahead of the game and be informed. Which, currently, it appears I am not! :)

Not seeing them now so maybe they changed the design. It looks like yours plugs through instead of having to snap the plug into it. On the ones where they were basically a holder for the plug it would break quickly because the little bit of plastic around the plug was not enough to hold up to pressing a cord onto the blades. I should have clicked through before assuming it was the same old design.

Ahhh, ok. Yeah, mine actually does have that problem. It has only came loose once though. I wish I had realized that design flaw before I installed it. I bought it cheap (new) on Ebay. It appears I may have gotten an older model.

I had a white marineco model a few years ago that required the plug on the charger to be cut off, about a half inch of the insulation on the remaining leads needed to be removed before they were inserted into the port and held in by screws at the side of each lead. It looked more secure than the guest unit but cutting the plug off my than new charger seemed like a bad idea at the time.

I wouldn't want to cut off the end of my charger either @Ronnie !

Back