• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Preparing for Bimini

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
so I am reading you cannot bring fruits and vegetables to Bimini? is this true or outdated info?
That might be the rules but so far no one has ever checked what we have brought.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In 2014 we only brought canned or frozen fruit and veg. I believe everyone else brought fresh. In 2015 and 2016 we took and enjoyed a variety of fresh fruit.

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's the Bahama's....aren't there some native fresh fruits that are local and cheap?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's the Bahama's....aren't there some native fresh fruits that are local and cheap?
Nothing grows on Bimini, it is a coral island little to no soil. Also, the only thing cheap there is the alcohol not the beer.

Edit: The best way I can explain Bimini is its like going camping but you stay in a condo, i.e. you have to bring almost everything you want. True there are restaurants but their not cheap.

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bruce, all, I've tried... there is no way I can make the trip on those dates. The logistics just don't allow me too. Please post up a ton of pics and vids! (I know you will just saying)

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This has got to be the most well organized trip to Bimini I have ever seen. Bruce the post you compiled is extremely detailed and accurate. We go to Bimini quite often and you pretty much nailed it. If anyone needs anything or has any questions before heading over let me know. We are about 20 minutes from Lauderdale and can get you the info and stuff you may need or want. Drop me an email: mreimer@internationalmarineservice.com

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
so I am reading you cannot bring fruits and vegetables to Bimini? is this true or outdated info?
You can bring anything you like over there. They don't care and they don't check. You will check in at either Big Game or the airport in South Bimini. Bruce I am sure has it handled based on his preparation this far. We bring everything we need and leave any extra stuff there for the locals when we depart.

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Bruce,

I really wanted to go with you guys even though I am new here. I look for any excuse whatsoever to head to Bimini. Unfortunetly ICAST is during the very same week and we will be in Orlando for the show. If anyone is coming in early and need an ICAST ticket please email me. I will handle it for you.

Mike

PS Next year or sooner for sure.........

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bruce,

I really wanted to go with you guys even though I am new here. I look for any excuse whatsoever to head to Bimini. Unfortunetly ICAST is during the very same week and we will be in Orlando for the show. If anyone is coming in early and need an ICAST ticket please email me. I will handle it for you.

Mike

PS Next year or sooner for sure.........
Sorry to hear you won't be making this year trip, it is definitely the biggest yet.

FYI - a cool feature of this forum is the @ feature to tag forum member. By put the @ before the persons username, it will give them an alert notifying them that you mentioned them, example @internationalmarinemike

internationalmarinemike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got it thank you for letting me know some of the features. We have a company aircraft and service the islands. I may try to get over for the day. It is only an 18 minute flight from our hanger.

@andy07sx230ho

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Coast Guard Requirements

The Coast Guard has an online pamphlet detailing their requirements and recommendations for safety gear at http://www.uscgboating.org/assets/1/workflow_staging/Publications/420.PDF . The only requirement beyond that for inland lakes is visual distress signals. These are flares or an orange distress flag and coast guard approved light. I suggest flares as they could have other uses and are much cooler ;)

Updated link:

http://www.uscgboating.org/images/420.PDF

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
added to the faq under the boater education question,

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome map!!!

You need to add the Island House Bar & Grill across from Big Game Club. Drop by to have a beer with Tones the owner of the place & stick a dollar on the ceiling. :winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome map!!!

You need to add the Island House Bar & Grill across from Big Game Club. Drop by to have a beer with Tones the owner of the place & stick a dollar on the ceiling. :winkingthumbsup"
I added the approximate location. The cloud cover obscures that area.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome map!!!

And a JetBoaters.Net sticker!!