• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Prepping for long distance tow to Florida

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In a few short weeks, we will be heading south to Punta Gorda Florida for a 9 night vacation. We are towing the boat and putting her in the marina. Looking forward to some great boating, fishing, eating and hopefully my only summer (Ohio did not have summer this year) and beverages!

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is a long haul...travel safe and have fun.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Woot! Hope you enjoy your stay! I think we have a member up in Punta Gorda. Do you have family there or just hitting it as a vacation spot?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
should be fun. We did it for the Bimini trip from cincinnati area and ended up in Cape coral as well for about a week. Only thing that Sucked was the ecoboost downing gas to the tune of 11.5mpg!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a fun safe trip.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a safe journey, I believe I previously mentioned places to visit some time ago, feel free to ask again, have fun at Harpoon Harry :)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! Enjoy!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Woot! Hope you enjoy your stay! I think we have a member up in Punta Gorda. Do you have family there or just hitting it as a vacation spot?
No family, just a vacation spot. Did Marco Island last year. Staying at a condo at Burnt Store Marina. Anyone to chat about fishing in that area this time of year? My son and I are wanting to fish but not sure whats good.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
should be fun. We did it for the Bimini trip from cincinnati area and ended up in Cape coral as well for about a week. Only thing that Sucked was the ecoboost downing gas to the tune of 11.5mpg!
Ya, I think my last trip down there I got about 10.5 per gallon! You just watch the gas gauge move to E

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No family, just a vacation spot. Did Marco Island last year. Staying at a condo at Burnt Store Marina. Anyone to chat about fishing in that area this time of year? My son and I are wanting to fish but not sure whats good.
I would check in with the local bait and tackle shop for that advice.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My neighbour caught a 50lb drum just under the I-75 bridge in Feb and there are always fishermen anchored around the pillars.

Boboettinger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I live in Punta Gorda Isles, Great Place for boating and fishing. Although I'm not a fisherman straight across the harbor from where you're staying is Boca Grande inlet, one of the best places in the world for Tarpon. There are so many different kinds of fish that you need a scorecard to keep track. Any local at the marina will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck on your trip and contact me if I can be of any help while you're here.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live in Punta Gorda Isles, Great Place for boating and fishing. Although I'm not a fisherman straight across the harbor from where you're staying is Boca Grande inlet, one of the best places in the world for Tarpon. There are so many different kinds of fish that you need a scorecard to keep track. Any local at the marina will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck on your trip and contact me if I can be of any help while you're here.
Thank you for the info! Looking forward to a great stay! I may reach out for advice!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is just ONE of the MANY reasons I LOVE this forum. . . . .

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, I think my last trip down there I got about 10.5 per gallon! You just watch the gas gauge move to E
I too have a 2014 ecoboost 4X2. Great tuck over all, plenty of power and great MPG (real MPG around 20 if i'm careful). It seems like when you get into the 4K lbs towing range like our boats the gas drops like a stone, even more if you push your average speed closer to 75-80 MPH.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I too have a 2014 ecoboost 4X2. Great tuck over all, plenty of power and great MPG (real MPG around 20 if i'm careful). It seems like when you get into the 4K lbs towing range like our boats the gas drops like a stone, even more if you push your average speed closer to 75-80 MPH.
Towing at 80mph. . . . .I would NEVER do that :angelic:

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bimini top is getting taken down for the trip so I don't have to worry about it getting damaged. I ended up having to replace the boot and several zippers after a storm and 60mph driving caused it to rip when going to Florida last year. Lesson learned.