• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Price help 2015 AR210

Svannorman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thoughts on $34,995 for a 2015 AR210

145 Hours
Comes with:
  • Enhanced Rudder System at $1000,
  • Deluxe Boat Cover at $400
  • Onboard Propane Barbecue.
Thoughts?
1608152767228.png
1608152729772.png
Thanks

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lol @ $1000 for "advanced rudder system". That guy must work in marketing. I think the full Cobra Kit is only like $500. It's great but it's not an advanced rudder system - it's just metal fins added to the jets.

That boat is over priced.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Its a pretty boat, and you have to factor in that they're holding their value a bit better right now due to the shortage of boats caused by everyone reacting to the virus shutdowns by wanting out on the water, but I agree with AdrianP89, it's overpriced. The only real upgrades from stock appear to be a ~$250 (New) BBQ, and ~$500 in bolt on fins. The OE cover is expensive, but my boat came with it free as a stock item. I'm not even sure that the BBQ is marine grade as they are almost always stainless steel. If it's backyard grade, its far more inexpensive because they are made of brittle pot metal and probably won't hold up well.

I just looked it up. NADA says that the asking price exceeds the average highest retail value range which also may vary due to geographical area. Link: 2015 Yamaha AR 210(*) Standard Equipment, Boat Value, Boat Price & Craft Specs

Maybe the seller is just putting in a lot of negotiation room? Its hard for a seller to negotiate up from asking price, but you can always go down.

Last edited:

Svannorman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you think is a good / fair price is (not that they would say yes) but I really don't feel like overpaying for a boat based on COVID? Thanks

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's not easy getting around the principle of supply and demand. Buying now may still yield you a slightly better price given that it's off season. I do know that while talking with my boat dealer recently, the new models took a bigger jump in price this year than Yamaha's normal inflation - probably because they in turn are having part availability limitations due to their covid affected vendors.

I want to help you on your price question, but I can't in good conscience offer credible appraisal input to you without first inspecting for wear & tear and test driving the boat to verify proper mechanical operation. Final sales prices are also governed by your negotiating skills. NADA is the best answer I can give you right now because they collect actual sales data for your area, average those amounts and publishes the data in the site I referenced above.

I can say that if the boat truly only has 140 hours, it was under-used which might mean that you have some negotiating leverage there. I'm guessing there is a spouse involved that wants it gone. :)

Svannorman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not easy getting around the principle of supply and demand. Buying now may still yield you a slightly better price given that it's off season. I do know that while talking with my boat dealer recently, the new models took a bigger jump in price this year than Yamaha's normal inflation - probably because they in turn are having part availability limitations due to their covid affected vendors.

I want to help you on your price question, but I can't in good conscience offer credible appraisal input to you without first inspecting for wear & tear and test driving the boat to verify proper mechanical operation. Final sales prices are also governed by your negotiating skills. NADA is the best answer I can give you right now because they collect actual sales data for your area, average those amounts and publishes the data in the site I referenced above.

I can say that if the boat truly only has 140 hours, it was under-used which might mean that you have some negotiating leverage there. I'm guessing there is a spouse involved that wants it gone. :)
Thanks for the feedback and understand all the variables for purchase. Agreed with NADA just need to go look at it and see how it looks. Thanks again

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also have a 2015 AR210 that I'm considering putting up for sale in the spring (haven't made a final decision yet). I was considering that price range but I also have a full Seadek kit (installed this past spring), a full Wetsounds stereo system with a 10" sub, 2 8" tower speakers and 2 amps, a dual battery setup with onboard charger and the same black cover that he has. I will say the black cover is much better quality than the grey one I had before. The boat has always been garaged when not in use but occasionally has spent a few nights outside under the cover in the summer time. I do have higher hours, around 250 I think. Also, mine is the Suede Grey color. Anyway, if that boat is completely stock I would say it is a little overpriced, especially this time of year. That's my opinion though. You guys let me know if you think I'm wrong, I'm open to criticism. I've had a hard time coming up with a price that I would list mine at if I did decide to sell. I've seen a couple 2015 AR210's in the low 30's and they were in ROUGH shape. Makes me glad I've kept mine in good shape. I can't believe the condition some people allow their boats to decline to. Anyway, good luck in your search. Where you located?

twentiesforever

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How does it compare to the rest of the listings in the area? I'm not saying to buy it right now, but looking for a boat come spring will not be easy.

Edit: yea, that looks overpriced compared to what I see on BoatTrader. But then again there are only 6 2014-2016 AR210s for sale nationally.