• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Price Help - 2019 212 Limited S

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Local guy is asking 57000 for this boat... doesn't it retail for 53? I wan't to make him an offer that's fair and start from there.yam right.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does he have any upgrades to it? Also a lot of sellers increasing their prices because they can probably get it with the shortage of boats available. It isn't uncommon to see used boats right now priced close to MSRP over the last couple years or so. Come Mid to Late August once the new line is out and being delivered to dealers weekly, used boats may cool off a bit. Again he may have many thousands into it with upgrades as well.

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does he have any upgrades to it? Also a lot of sellers increasing their prices because they can probably get it with the shortage of boats available. It isn't uncommon to see used boats right now priced close to MSRP over the last couple years or so. Come Mid to Late August once the new line is out and being delivered to dealers weekly, used boats may cool off a bit. Again he may have many thousands into it with upgrades as well.
Im asking now. The add doesn't say anything about upgrades. Very vague. Just says he works too much to use it. He says it has 4 years left on warranty, cover, ropes, all the normal stuff. I know boats are short right now and we are in summer, I have cash right now and just want to make sure I don't make a dumb purchase before i do my homework

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If all it has is a cover, check which cover it is, and some ropes and Coast Guard stuff, he appears to be high on his price. Check NADA boat prices and look for other similiar boats posted to get a feel. Of course, as I indicated most are selling at a premium which could fade in the near future.

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Roger that. Thank you.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s a high price but he paid more than MSRP when you include all the dealer fees and taxes. Hopefully no sales taxes on private sales where you are.
For reference I paid 50 for a one year old 212LS last year with 10 hours and just a cover from a dealer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AZMark No way to determine if he paid more than MSRP, that is just an assumption. I paid a lot under MSRP OTD with everything included. It would depend on when he bought and what type of deal he was able to cut.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would suggest that whatever he paid is irrelevant; look for comparable boats to see what a fair price is in the current market, add in any upgrades he may have, and figure out what you're comfortable paying. It appears that nowadays you'll have to pay a premium or wait a few months.

How many hours on this boat?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would suggest that whatever he paid is irrelevant; look for comparable boats to see what a fair price is in the current market, add in any upgrades he may have, and figure out what you're comfortable paying. It appears that nowadays you'll have to pay a premium or wait a few months.

How many hours on this boat?
This - what he paid doesn't matter. The market value is what matters, and the market is sky high right now.

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He is likely trying to pay off his loan amount or come close. Don't require yourself to pay off someone's loan amount because they made a decision that no longer works for them.

Regarding upgrades my opinion is 'certain' upgrades are for the current owner, so be careful how much value you put into them. Would you have added the exact ones or something similar yourself if they weren't there?

He can ask whatever he wants, but I agree with @IvanRZB, be reasonable in giving him a price. If they can't respect that, then you should probably keep looking as it might be too difficult to deal with. In the end, if you must have it NOW then there is a price to pay to boat this season. Otherwise stick to your price and be patient.

I have gone by the statement: "you never make a worse decision by waiting" its served me well.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@AZMark No way to determine if he paid more than MSRP, that is just an assumption. I paid a lot under MSRP OTD with everything included. It would depend on when he bought and what type of deal he was able to cut.
You got a good deal then. I could not find that on a 212 after a very long search.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This - what he paid doesn't matter. The market value is what matters, and the market is sky high right now.
Agreed what he paid shouldn’t affect what the buyer is willing to pay. Just making the point that the seller likely isn’t flipping this boat for a profit. They retail closer to $56, if it’s got <10 hours on and the warranty is transferable then you’re basically getting a new boat for less than you will pay at a dealer with fees and taxes any time soon. The taxes are enormous on a purchase like this in some states.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You got a good deal then. I could not find that on a 212 after a very long search.
Yes I did, but mine was an 2020 AR210 not the 212 and I hit it just before the rush started at the end of April.

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat has 20 hours on it.. says warranty is until 2024.. is it not transferable??

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know Yamaha's Y.E.S. warranties are transferable. A Yamaha dealer will help with it. They do a full inspection of the boat mechanics and electronics. I think its called PDI. It is about 1.5hrs of labor and usually $100 transfer fee. Your looking around $200-300 total cost.

Can't answer for a 3rd party warranty

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yeah you're correct. They are going to do an inspection on everything for $250. My sale is pending that inspection. he came down on price.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yeah you're correct. They are going to do an inspection on everything for $250. My sale is pending that inspection. he came down on price.
Wait...are you saying you're buying it?! You really did have cash burning a hole in your pocket! Good luck with the purchase :winkingthumbsup"

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mandiime Yes value is subjective to the purchaser. I hope it passes inspection and I know you will enjoy the boat. Pics when you take possession! GL

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Absolutely.. went for the bigger one for a lil more money so I can do what I want to do with it. Appreciate you guys helping me out. You guys are all bad ass. Ill have this boat for a very long time