• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Privacy fence and Post Holes

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looking good! :winkingthumbsup"

Are you running the fence to the front street or the front corner of the house?

Aside from being time-consuming how is the installation going so far? Any issues?

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Front corner of house. We can't do Privacy at 6' past the corner of the neighbors house. May do 4' wrought iron later down the road to the street.

No issues, just some rocks. Pretty tired and sore yesterday, since this is the first thing I have done in heavy physical labor since winter started.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Front corner of house. We can't do Privacy at 6' past the corner of the neighbors house. May do 4' wrought iron later down the road to the street.

No issues, just some rocks. Pretty tired and sore yesterday, since this is the first thing I have done in heavy physical labor since winter started.
Rent a mini skid steer with the 8" auger attachment.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could, but some of the areas i won't be able to get into with the skidster. Also 10" is the minimum size for a 5 x5 around here. I may do that in the second half of the lot where it is wide open. Home depot will rent a Dingo with bucket and augers.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I could, but some of the areas i won't be able to get into with the skidster. Also 10" is the minimum size for a 5 x5 around here. I may do that in the second half of the lot where it is wide open. Home depot will rent a Dingo with bucket and augers.
So are you installing a treated post, with a vinyl sleeve that goes over it?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ohio These don't require the treated post. On my corners and gate I am using metal inserts. Prices are crazy, but a good deal of people I spoke to use this fence and have for years without issue. If I feel I need a bit more in a spot I can either fill them with foam or other product. They held up to 60 mph winds gusts last week without even a hitch.

Shop Freedom 6x8 Vinyl Emblem Ready-to-Assemble Fence Panel White at Lowes.com

Last edited:

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did the above ground pool and fence couple years ago, I know a chatted with you about the pool. Fence was as big a project. I am in PA, I only had 10 holes but think I did 4 or 5 bags per hole. I bought a "digging" bar , it was well worth the money as an additional tool if you don't have one and also used a manual post hole digger to help clean things up. Tend to get a lot of lose soil in the hole from power auger. Rented a 2 man auger, it was hard work. Rented the auger on wheels couple years ago, that was hard to get the hole centered and found that difficult to use personally. Carpel tunnel surgery 6 months later but it was already an issue. Maybe I missed your post but thought you were buying a 25' FSH this year and was looking forward to your mods on it... guess it fell through or you decided it would be more fun to build a fence? Good luck, when it's finished you will be happy with the results and be glad it's done, I am sure.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I know I am waaayy late to the conversation but I helped a buddy fix his garage foundation with these helical piers and then use the leftover few he had to install posts for 18’ gates in the fence. We rented a skid steer and the attachment. Like I said probably doesn’t help this case but I have decided to never dig a post hole again… ever. Well worth the money. Wish I had used these for my deck.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
TbH it isnt bad at all. Worst part is hauling gravel and comcrete bags from lowes and Menards in the back of my Expedition. Fence is going up quick

Last edited:

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know I am waaayy late to the conversation but I helped a buddy fix his garage foundation with these helical piers and then use the leftover few he had to install posts for 18’ gates in the fence. We rented a skid steer and the attachment. Like I said probably doesn’t help this case but I have decided to never dig a post hole again… ever. Well worth the money. Wish I had used these for my deck.

Those are bad ass but very pricey, had some foundation work done with helical piles and they took me to the bank. Solid work, costly material.

Hang in there doors! Hang'em straight!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the above ground pool and fence couple years ago, I know a chatted with you about the pool. Fence was as big a project. I am in PA, I only had 10 holes but think I did 4 or 5 bags per hole. I bought a "digging" bar , it was well worth the money as an additional tool if you don't have one and also used a manual post hole digger to help clean things up. Tend to get a lot of lose soil in the hole from power auger. Rented a 2 man auger, it was hard work. Rented the auger on wheels couple years ago, that was hard to get the hole centered and found that difficult to use personally. Carpel tunnel surgery 6 months later but it was already an issue. Maybe I missed your post but thought you were buying a 25' FSH this year and was looking forward to your mods on it... guess it fell through or you decided it would be more fun to build a fence? Good luck, when it's finished you will be happy with the results and be glad it's done, I am sure.
I pulled out of buying the FSH. Lost family members and taking care of my parents more as well. Timing was off. We will revisit a potential boat change after the 2023 models come out in the fall.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
80 degrees here next week. Long as I can do 150' or so of fencing today and tomorrow, it is time to boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
120 Feet of Fence. Me and the 14 year old. She didn't complain once. Two holes hit bad tree roots and was laying face down cutting them out for a couple hours. Sucked.

20220507_185601.jpg

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Lol. Just saw this thread…

My neighbor got tired of seeing our boat obviously and installed a 6’ fence just down the side of the driveway. I’ve already told him my plans for summer were to extend the driveway for boat parking, but I am guessing it is going to surprise him when I do and back the boat up past the fence he just had built.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Half way down the property is where we ended up on The weekend.

20220508_153037.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's looking good! My fence was just installed over the weekend. It is so hot here, I am glad I didn't do it lol. What they did in 6 hours would have taken me 6 days non stop.