• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pro Trailer Backup Assist for 2016 Ford F-150

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know none of us need this but it is pretty cool that Ford is working on these types of features:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently saw this in a commercial. I told my wife I'm going to take the boat and her to the Ford dealership and if she can back the boat up with that little knob, I'm buying the truck on the spot!:D

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They had demo f150s with trailers set up at the SF auto show last month. I got to try that feature out and it is nice but also expensive in that it is only available in the newer models none of which I can afford right now.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like how it takes some of the guess work out, but generally I'm not sure it would be all that nice of a feature to have (at least for me). Looks like it's about a $400 add on package (from their build/price feature on ford.com), but as @Ronnie stated it's probably only available on the higher end models.

I saw another video on the system, and the cool feature for me was when you get the trailer in the direction you want you don't touch the dial and it basically keeps it on that line and makes the small adjustments for you.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a cool innovation, but in my opinion it is another thing that will make for crappier drivers in the long run.

There is no replacement for actually learning how to back a trailer up. If you can't back a trailer up, don't buy something that needs to be towed.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
U can buy the truck.... or be a man and back up your own trailer.... or teach the wife how to.. my wife does it Everytime now.. I just have to keep my mouth shut and let her take her time....

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
U can buy the truck.... or be a man and back up your own trailer....
Couldn't agree more. If you need this to back up your trailer... then you don't need to be pulling a trailer. Also, it seems like it would be easy to forget where your front end is gonna swing if you're looking at that screen the whole time... I don't know tho, there's probably a sensor for that too. One more sensor to fail.. and since it's a Ford.. you know it will! :env::):p

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I told my wife we would buy a boat only if she learned to back it and drive it one the road. She drove horse trailers long ago so she agreed and she followed through.... she is past the point of me giving her tips now.. I just sit in the boat and wait for it to start floating ...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Couldn't agree more. If you need this to back up your trailer... then you don't need to be pulling a trailer. Also, it seems like it would be easy to forget where your front end is gonna swing if you're looking at that screen the whole time... I don't know tho, there's probably a sensor for that too. One more sensor to fail.. and since it's a Ford.. you know it will! :env::):p
I'm going to respectfully disagree. Although I can safely say that I am competent at backing a trailer (warning shameless plug alert), see clip,

if I was shopping for a new tow vehicle, an F150 or Expedition (if any) with this feature would be at the top of my list, not for my wife, for me.

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@Ronnie
Call me old fashioned, I just don't understand the appeal or need for this feature. I'll stick with my mirrors and steering wheel.

That seems like it would be really weird to manuever your boat trailer from your front bumper like that. I move trailers around with a forklift at work sometimes but what you're doin there... I'm not sure I could get used to that. It's good that it works for you though, that's what counts.

I'm glad I don't have that much work to do when we get home from the lake! I guess I'm kinda spoiled with my storage situation...