• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Problem with house battery

Jayme

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought a 2012 242 and was able to take it out for the first time last weekend. While the starter battery worked fine the house battery is not. Previous owner put two new batteries in right before sale in April. The LCD display says the aux battery has 12.6v of power (starter battery had 14.1v). I tried switching the crossover on as well which still didn't do anything. No power to anything in house... Lights, blower, radio etc. I checked the fuses in the engine compartment and all looked ok. The starboard side fuse box did have an extra 30 fuse unplugged inside I'm assuming just a spare? (Although there was an open slot on the left top) I did put this fuse in and still nothing. Talked to previous owner and he said he hooked batteries up the same way previous. He is local and willing to help I think but doesn't have any ideas. There are a couple of extra connections on batteries that I'm not sure what they are and if they're hooked up to correct battery. I'll post some pics I took to see if anyone has ideas.

Attachments

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This might help...
BOAT Battery Connection (2).JPG

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think you have some major wiring issues going on here. You were able to start your boat? I am positive on the DVSR ground wire but I am a little unsure if the second bundle is positive or negative.

I would also relocate your batteries closer to the wall so you are not stretching the cables like that.

problems.jpg

Jayme

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks to both of you - I'll try right away when I am able.