• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Problems with NEW Yamaha waverunners

By chance was it the front rod that blew ?

Ok if you are having an issue with the warranty remember usually it's more the dealer that you are having represent you to Yamaha than it is Yamaha, so perhaps you should try a dialogue with Yamaha customer service and ask them to look into this as you feel like it needs a second opinion..
If water was in the engine there would be numerous tell tale signs and even if it had water in the engine due to a mechanical failure like a gasket leaking or a head cracking the inside of the boat would not show signs of water and prove the ski was not rolled over. I would think the computer would also tell you what happened. One thing I always tell people is that limp mode is NOT SAFE MODE, do not continue to drive the boat if it goes into limp mode . If the water cooling line had an obstruction and it continues to run it will still cause harm like blowing a head gasket or cracking a head. This will allow water to get into the oil. When it goes in limp mode you have to locate the cause of the problem, When my oil filter failed I checked the intake for weeds , found nothing so I looked inside the engine and found oil everywhere. Had to flag down a passing boat to get a tow back to my trailer. Actual picture of the passing boat owner towing me back.

Attachments

• getting towed in on 7 12 2018 002.JPG
    getting towed in on 7 12 2018 002.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 31
@pissedoffjetskiowner
Yamaha had sold thousands of pwc and boats with the TR1 engine, and this is the first one heard of mysteriously blowing up.
Sounds like you did a web search for ex waverunner engine issues. Or TR1 engine issues and this 2 year old thread is the best you could come up with. While you are entitled to your opinion and have the right to bash yamaha. Be realistic, that engine is not known for any major issues. I have many professional contacts in the pwc world and all will tell you except for the oil cooler bolts and timing chain breakage, Yamaha isn't having problems with any of their engines.
I would bet your engine failure is an extremely rare occurrence. And most likely caused by something rather than just randomly throwing a rod.

I've got 12 tr-1 from low hours to moderate in v1 high output 1.0 all with the number 3 rods slung through the block to almost cutting the block in half. An none the oil pump gear came off of. An the rod destroys every oil pump and block. Supposed to go pick up a few dozen more of them but don't know if it's worth the time/money to fix any of the few out of a couple dozen not cut in half. Wondering if it's something figured out what's causing this?

research the internet for that and let us know what you find out.

I haven't found any but where the bolt comes out of the oil pump causing problems. An all these oil pump were destroyed by the rod when it broke but they all have the gear still on the pump good and tight. Everything I've found saying how they are awesome motors. This pile I have would say there's an issue causing #3 to explode the rod somehow

@pissedoffjetskiowner
Yamaha had sold thousands of pwc and boats with the TR1 engine, and this is the first one heard of mysteriously blowing up.
Sounds like you did a web search for ex waverunner engine issues. Or TR1 engine issues and this 2 year old thread is the best you could come up with. While you are entitled to your opinion and have the right to bash yamaha. Be realistic, that engine is not known for any major issues. I have many professional contacts in the pwc world and all will tell you except for the oil cooler bolts and timing chain breakage, Yamaha isn't having problems with any of their engines.
I would bet your engine failure is an extremely rare occurrence. And most likely caused by something rather than just randomly throwing a rod.
I'm from south africa we have 5 vx 1050 wave runners and it's all problematic from Conrad's going thru the block 2 ecu being blown with under 90hrs and we use it for lifesaving rescue craft.

Any idea with problems regarding these vx 1050?

Vx1050 under 90hrs
We have 5 all problematic

Attachments

• IMG-20220526-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20220526-WA0022.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20220526-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20220526-WA0021.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20220526-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20220526-WA0020.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 10