• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Procedure to purchase boat financed through yamaha

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good afternoon. I'm purchasing a used boat that is currently financed through Yahama. I'm trying not to bother the seller any more than necessary but can't seem to find any information on the procedure. I have no clue what documents need to be provided to Yamaha. Who cuts the check to Yamaha, etc. Sellers understanding is that we would execute a bill of sale which would be submitted to Yamaha at which point they would accept payment directly from me for the balance of the account. I attempted to confirm this with Yamaha, so I can execute the correct forms, and they refuse to tell me any information regarding the procedure claiming that somehow telling me what documents they require is "account specific." If anyone has been through this process and could help me understand how it works and what I need to do on my end I'd really appreciate it.

TIA.

I can't say for the process for selling the boat privately, but I did just refinance my boat that was with Yamaha, to my local credit union. It will take a while for you to get the lien release. Took 4 weeks for Yamaha to send the lien release. Yamaha sent the lien release to me, and not the bank, so I then had to take all of that paper work to the bank. Refinanced the boat 3 months ago, still waiting on my new title. Yamaha financing were for me personally, always a pain to deal with, and I was the account holder.

I can't say for the process for selling the boat privately, but I did just refinance my boat that was with Yamaha, to my local credit union. It will take a while for you to get the lien release. Took 4 weeks for Yamaha to send the lien release. Yamaha sent the lien release to me, and not the bank, so I then had to take all of that paper work to the bank. Refinanced the boat 3 months ago, still waiting on my new title. Yamaha financing were for me personally, always a pain to deal with, and I was the account holder.
I plan on refinancing with my credit union in a few months. I only financed with Yamaha to expedite the sale before the dealer sold it from under me. Not a satisfied Yamaha Finance customer, that's for sure.

I plan on refinancing with my credit union in a few months. I only financed with Yamaha to expedite the sale before the dealer sold it from under me. Not a satisfied Yamaha Finance customer, that's for sure.
Yeah, they were completely unhelpful to me on what I'd expect to be a common amd uncontroversal procedure question.

Back