• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PSA - Fentanyl, every teen/young adult must watch

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every soon to be teen, teen, young adult MUST watch this sobering video. There is no telling who you might save by making them watch this!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I truly is a horrible man-made drug that is killing many people. It is now the number #1 drug killer for folks between the ages of 18-40 and has killed nearly 80k people in the US from 2020-2021! Scary to think some people die from taking something they think and looks like something else. Imagine if someone made something that looks like Hydrocodone (also an opioid) but was actually Fentanyl.

If anyone wants to know where this crap comes from just head over to the DEA’s website https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/DEA_GOV_DIR-008-20 Fentanyl Flow in the United States_0.pdf. No surprise really and with practically no real border enforcement we can expect much more deaths from smuggling this crap in. Even just being around this stuff in the air or by touching it you can die from overdose. Watched a cop video once where they busted someone carrying it and as the cop was testing the drug and handling it that alone made him overdose. Had his partner not been there to help with Narcan he would have surely died. Stuff is no joke and it’s crazy what people do with today’s drugs. Opioids can be so devastating.

Edit - here is the video I was referring to. Scary stuff!

Last edited:

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Fentanyl is the fucking devil. Have lost 3 friends/people I grew up with to it. My wife's best friends son and brother died from it one month apart. It can be in anything anymore, better stick to alcohol and weed or take the risk of dying

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fentanyl is a very good drug for sedation in procedures and in the ICU. Sadly it's also extremely dangerous when used otherwise.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It can be in anything anymore, better stick to alcohol and weed or take the risk of dying
It is very sad. It is starting to turn up in the weed in areas around here. I don't partake in smoking, but my detective friend indicated that kids whom are not old enough to go to the Dispensaries have gotten some weed laced with it, on the street, and have overdosed and is highly addictive, so it gateways them in. From what I was told it makes the "Mix" more attractive. So sad.........

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It is very sad. It is starting to turn up in the weed in areas around here. I don't partake in smoking, but my detective friend indicated that kids whom are not old enough to go to the Dispensaries have gotten some weed laced with it, on the street, and have overdosed and is highly addictive, so it gateways them in. From what I was told it makes the "Mix" more attractive. So sad.........
Yep times have changed for sure! Can't even get fucked up as a young adult without worrying about this type of shit anymore. I miss the 90's..lol

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Naive question but why do they lace so many things with it? Is it intentional because people want to get more messed up or are they doing it to hurt people or what? If its cheaper I guess I understand fake pills but why the hell put it on weed for kids?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I was told, so they get an addiction and keep coming back. Assholes. they don't want to lose to the dispensaries

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep times have changed for sure! Can't even get fucked up as a young adult without worrying about this type of shit anymore. I miss the 90's..lol
I experimented in the late 70's, and some in the 80's, smartened up a bunch since then. Florida in the 80's as a bartender, I was in the middle of it. All people had to worry about was what they, the dealer, used to cut the coke, directly off the boat from Columbia, it was everywhere. Well that was 3+ decades ago and a different life, not a dairy farmers life. Now, there is no trust in dealers or some drug manufacturors because of their actions. Ya, some are worse than others, but I lump them in the same category. I don't have the answer, but grow your own won't have fentanyl in it. Other than that, re-learn to go without. Just $.02 from a 61yo who navigated thru it then in his 20's. Although people were not putting fentanyl in stuff then. Now, Just Don't Do It, it could save your life.

Last edited:

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I experimented in the late 70's, and some in the 80's, smartened up a bunch since then. Florida in the 80's as a bartender, I was in the middle of it. All people had to worry about was what they, the dealer, used to cut the coke, directly off the boat from Columbia, it was everywhere. Well that was 3+ decades ago and a different life, not a dairy farmers life. Now, there is no trust in dealers or some drug manufacturors because of their actions. Ya, some are worse than others, but I lump them in the same category. I don't have the answer, but grow your own won't have fentanyl in it. Other than that, re-learn to go without. Just $.02 from a 61yo who navigated thru it then in his 20's. Although people were not putting fentanyl in stuff then. Now, Just Don't Do It, it could save your life.

Exactly. When I was a teenager, early 20s all you had to worry about was how pure the coke was. Didn't have to worry about if any of the pills you were getting were real or not, because they all were. Nowadays its like playing Russian roulette. Glad I got semi old and don't do drugs anymore...lmao.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Naive question but why do they lace so many things with it? Is it intentional because people want to get more messed up or are they doing it to hurt people or what? If its cheaper I guess I understand fake pills but why the hell put it on weed for kids?
The Cartels get their ingredients from China, I watched a documentary where they even paid a Chinese guy to come to Mexico to show them how to make it. They sell by the kilo just like coke, and they also use it in their own products like fake pills. They have a pill press and make all sorts of fake pharmaceuticals, and they look pretty damn close to the real things. It's cheaper and easier than coke and we all know they don't give a fuck if they kill people