• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulling to right

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dealer says nozzle alignment is okay and fine but boat is pulling to the right. (Adjusting for weight, wind, and current.) Figured I would toss a pic out to the crew to see if any of you all see any obvious issues. Tried to toe in the front part of the fins so they cut through the water like an arrow but maybe I am off somewhere. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

7C4F7810-BFAA-4A18-81A0-3544B3A108F0.jpeg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can send you the correct procedure in an email to center the wheel, align the nozzles and center the rudder .

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the Cobra Fins, but don't have the keel. On mine I center the wheel, lock it down and put a level/straight edge across the 2 nozzles and adjust the steering arms in/out accordingly. Not sure on the keel arms...Jeff and the forum have instructions probably for aligning them..I wouldn't trust the dealer...probably just looked at it from a far and said..looks good! :winkingthumbsup" You might have to tweak it a few times in the water. My slight pull didn't stop till I got the Lucky 13 cones. Now I can let go of the wheel and it doesn't move.

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can send you the correct procedure in an email to center the wheel, align the nozzles and center the rudder .
Will you send this to me too? I am having a slight pull to the right and want to get things centered.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
you have the keel do you have any added steering?

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No added steering, just default keel.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok first be sure both reverse buckets are open all the way and even, then remember that you have duel engines that are not counter rotating so a pull is pretty common, years ago Yamaha used different pitch props but they don't do that currently as far as I am aware. therefore your pumps loads differently due to the keel in the middle. if both nozzles are even then you need to adjust the rudder to the opposite side of the pull normally this is easily done with the 2 tie rods holding everything in place. as for the nozzles you can disconnect the steering cables from the nozzles and turn your wheel all the way to the right and place some tape on the top then all the way to the left and place some tape on top then rotate the wheel so the 2 pieces of tape are on the bottom even from the center and lock the wheel with a bungee cord so it stays in place. Now with the reverse buckets up place a straight edge across both nozzles and have someone hold it even, then adjust both steering cables so they align with the steering arm holes of the nozzles and reattach the bolts for the cable ends. and the nozzles should be even but with only 1 tie rod you are relying on the cables to keep them even and that usually does not last as long as having the 2 tie rods hold the nozzles in place. Also understand that ride plates can create drag and pump r p m can also create a pull if one is turning faster that the other that is why the rudder adjustment is helpful.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is the pull the same in all conditions? I have found weight of the boat or current can make it seem like the boat is pulling.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe I just recently posted the process been so busy I have hardly had time to do anything except build and ship steering from morning to night. this is the post I believehttps://jetboaters.net/threads/steering-not-equal.37931/#post-607805