• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pumps for towable

Holy crap guys, low pressure, high volume pumps should not cost more than $20.

https://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-AHP...0861550&sr=8-19&keywords=high+volume+air+pump

These cheapo pumps have been working for us for years and they move a ton of air. When we blow up the island, we have resorted to a leaf blower off the deflation nozzle for the majority of the volume, and then finish off with the $20 pump. But $100 for a pump is crazy unnecessary.

Good luck though.

The one that I and jcyamaha linked are high-pressure pumps, 2kwik recently purchased a disc towable that requires high pressure as a stand-up paddleboard does. Way different application.

That makes sense then. I was wondering what you would have needed high pressure for. bummer

That makes sense then. I was wondering what you would have needed high pressure for. bummer
Yea, the fancy new disc requires more than 5psi, and less than 15psi. My HVLP pump isn't going to make it, and I'm to lazy to do it by hand with the pump it came with :D

Yep, I pumped my SUP up by hand exactly one time.

I just got the Coleman 12v one, 11 bucks at walmart.com, buthavent had a chance to test it out yet. Hoping for the best, I think a lot of these pumps look awfully similar.

Are you guys plugging the sevylor pumps into the power port at the helm? Is it working without any problems?

I have a $20 DC one with about a 15' cord on it from Overton's. It's now about seven seasons old and just keeps going. I only do a 2-person tube occasionally, so it doesn't get a lot of use.

Are you guys plugging the sevylor pumps into the power port at the helm? Is it working without any problems?

Mine works perfect plugged in there. I use it every outing.

I actually use 2 pumps. You guys call the airhead pump high pressure, which is what they call it also. I call it high volume. It inflates towables rather quickly. For REAL high pressure I then use my sevlor high pressure pump to top it off to about 2-4 psi. On a gang plank this is a MAJOR stability difference.

Amazon.com : Sevylor SUP and Water Sport Electric Pump, 12V, 15-PSI : Sports & Outdoors
Bringing this thread back. . .does the Sevylor pump also deflate? I’ll primarily be using a pump for towables and want one that inflates and deflates using the 12v outlet on the boat (instead of alligator clips).

The difficulty I’m having is finding one meeting these criteria that’s powerful enough to not require topping off.

Bringing this thread back. . .does the Sevylor pump also deflate? I’ll primarily be using a pump for towables and want one that inflates and deflates using the 12v outlet on the boat (instead of alligator clips).

The difficulty I’m having is finding one meeting these criteria that’s powerful enough to not require topping off.

The Sevylor does NOT deflate, but does meet your other criteria and is my sole pump for my inflatable SUP's (12-15psi), my towable (2psi), my floats I use at anchor (just until firm). I've had zero issues with the pump for 3 years now. Highly recommended as both high volume and high pressure.

Back