• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pup Plank dog ramp gets a thumbs up! đź‘Ť

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For all you boaters that take your dogs out on the water and are tired of hauling their wet butts out of the drink, check into Pup Plank by Solstice Watersports. I've been searching for a dog ramp that would work with my '06 swim platform that wouldn't block the boarding ladder to no avail. I tried making one of those pool noodle/floor mat atrocities (heavy, hard to store, dog would sink it) and ditched it pretty quick. I spotted the Paw Plank on a recent Google search and gave it a try. OUTSTANDING! There's a slight learning curve, but once our pooch figured out how to line up "between the uprights" he got the hang of it! It's sturdy, light, easy to store and easy to inflate. Construction is similar to an inflatable SUP. It comes with dock line for attachment, but I used spring clips to secure it to one side of the ladder and the starboard tie down loop. It floats at the perfect height for the pooch to step up onto the swim platform. We've used it on several outings and is holding up great so far.
It was out of stock everywhere but I found one on Ebay. I paid a little more than the usual $199 price, but it was worth the couple of extra bucks. There are two sizes...I got the XL for my 72lb. GSP.
Highly recommended!20210720_203105.jpg20210720_142331.jpg20210720_142325.jpg20210720_142250.jpg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have to admit, I’m getting a little tired of the noodle mat. But, last time we tied up with a group I felt like the dang inflator king. Wife’s new chair thing, airhead island mat, sup, and some other raft. Didn’t think I’d ever get to get in the water. Didn’t even use the tube that day thank goodness.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to admit, I’m getting a little tired of the noodle mat. But, last time we tied up with a group I felt like the dang inflator king. Wife’s new chair thing, airhead island mat, sup, and some other raft. Didn’t think I’d ever get to get in the water. Didn’t even use the tube that day thank goodness.
I love how easy they store. I hate the process to I store and use them.

Also equally hate that the dog can't get herself out of the water.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thing comes with a hand pump (push/pull) and literally inflates in maybe 90 seconds. It has a great valve on it too. It deflates just as fast.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I bought a float mat strictly so my dog could get on and off the boat on his own, also so he could use the bathroom on it and not in my boat...lol. works great

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your ass is SO high out of the water! My 2011 is low, low low, low...
I will need to figure out how to get our lab back up onto the boat at some point. :)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$199 for the XL is a good price. My wife showed me an add for the Pup Plank yesterday. was wondering if the XL was necessary, but it looks to be a good size for our 2 dogs. Our DIY dog ramp never made it past the pool test at home. Too heavy, bulky and just ugly. This looks like a better option than the one below.

20200618_161211.jpg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
$199 for the XL is a good price. My wife showed me an add for the Pup Plank yesterday. was wondering if the XL was necessary, but it looks to be a good size for our 2 dogs. Our DIY dog ramp never made it past the pool test at home. Too heavy, bulky and just ugly. This looks like a better option than the one below.

View attachment 157758
That looks just like mine. We use it, but he doesn’t really like it. I’ve started wedging the kayak handles under the end and middle to keep it from folding in the middle on him. That’s better, but it’s still a pain in the butt to store. And he won’t go to it on his own to get in. One of us has to kind of nudge him toward it before he’ll climb up on it.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These are back in stock and the XL is 10% off...original is 26% off (up to 200lbs.)

Nivekot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For all you boaters that take your dogs out on the water and are tired of hauling their wet butts out of the drink, check into Pup Plank by Solstice Watersports. I've been searching for a dog ramp that would work with my '06 swim platform that wouldn't block the boarding ladder to no avail. I tried making one of those pool noodle/floor mat atrocities (heavy, hard to store, dog would sink it) and ditched it pretty quick. I spotted the Paw Plank on a recent Google search and gave it a try. OUTSTANDING! There's a slight learning curve, but once our pooch figured out how to line up "between the uprights" he got the hang of it! It's sturdy, light, easy to store and easy to inflate. Construction is similar to an inflatable SUP. It comes with dock line for attachment, but I used spring clips to secure it to one side of the ladder and the starboard tie down loop. It floats at the perfect height for the pooch to step up onto the swim platform. We've used it on several outings and is holding up great so far.
It was out of stock everywhere but I found one on Ebay. I paid a little more than the usual $199 price, but it was worth the couple of extra bucks. There are two sizes...I got the XL for my 72lb. GSP.
Highly recommended!View attachment 157724View attachment 157725View attachment 157726View attachment 157727
Do you know what size # of the carabiner S clip? I already have Nite-Ize size #6 clips, but not sure if they will fit around the ladder tube… Thanks!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you know what size # of the carabiner S clip? I already have Nite-Ize size #6 clips, but not sure if they will fit around the ladder tube… Thanks!
Pretty sure they're at least #8 or #10. The hardest part was finding something that fit around that fat ladder tube. It's not the size of the actual clip it's the size of the spring opening.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pretty sure they're at least #8 or #10. The hardest part was finding something that fit around that fat ladder tube. It's not the size of the actual clip it's the size of the spring opening.
Looks like a great solution - we got the ramp this season, and tried a half dozen different ways of securing it with dock lines, none of which we really liked. Will try that next year!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not a Yamaha problem but my dog’s nails make nice little divots in the back sea deck of my boat. Any luck with filing down their nails to prevent this? Flip down swim deck has been great for her but I just see $$$$ signs as she tears it up bit by bit.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We keep our dog's (110lbs) nails rounded off with this - very smooth nails. Still get an impression here and there, but much better than when we had just been clipping them. I just go around with the clipper to knock a chunk off, and then follow up with this to get it rounded and smooth.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We acquired this one when we bought the PDQ catamaran this Fall. It cleaned up well. The white film is salt from last Winter's trip to the Bahamas. Like everything on the boat, it needed cleaning.. I am sure it will be better than the one we tried to build for cheap.

20231213_083326.jpg