• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchase or walk away? Yamaha 195S

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Local dealer called me that a 2020 195S has become available and I am next in line (gave a small deposit). The total out the door price is $47,761 with galvanized trailer. Seems much higher than anything else I have seen. Should I walk away? Nothing big extra included, except little things like started kit, shirts, etc.

If I don't take this boat, probably will need to wait until September for the next opportunity on 2021 models.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's hard to say, without knowing what the all in price includes, your tax rate, etc.

MSRP is $40, let's assume $1,500 for Title and Prep. Tax rate at 6%, would put the price at $44,000. Sounds like you either live in a higher tax state, or they are really trying to take advantage of the lack of inventory. Hell, my out the door price on a new 2015 212X was less than that!

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It's hard to say, without knowing what the all in price includes, your tax rate, etc.

MSRP is $40, let's assume $1,500 for Title and Prep. Tax rate at 6%, would put the price at $44,000. Sounds like you either live in a higher tax state, or they are really trying to take advantage of the lack of inventory. Hell, my out the door price on a new 2015 212X was less than that!
galvanized trailer is at least another $1,000 add on wouldn't it be?

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Paid that for a 212. What's it worth to you?

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How bad do you want it? Can you afford it ? 2 important questions ..price seems high ,, 2020 has been a bizzare year , might want to wait til 2021 if possible

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does seem a little high. Sounds like he's taking advantage of the COVID and there are no boat to buy. See if he'll take $45k. Worst he does is say no or maybe come down a little.

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for your input. I have the cash to pay for it, but i need a fair price and does not feel right. 44-45K seems to be the price for me that is fair given the current situation. He said the galvanized is about 800 dollars more and certainly don't want the painted trailer. I will let him know and see what happens.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you for your input. I have the cash to pay for it, but i need a fair price and does not feel right. 44-45K seems to be the price for me that is fair given the current situation. He said the galvanized is about 800 dollars more and certainly don't want the painted trailer. I will let him know and see what happens.
Aren't all boat trailer galvanized? When I bought my Yamaha it came with a galvanized trail valued at $200. He's trying hard for more $$.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cjaysanchez If you have the cash to pay for it. I would wait till after the 2021's come out or till the winter early spring. I am sure you will find a great deal on a slightly used 2020 at a far better price. Probably save yourself 5-7k at the very least.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As others have said, seems really high but the market is crazy, probably temporarily. I paid less than this for my 2017 212X, new in Spring 2017. You’re paying a lot for a season that’s half over unless you live pretty far south.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So crazy what has happened with boat prices. Honestly that seems like a lot of money for ANY 19 foot boat. When I was shopping in 2016, I had negotiated a price on a brand new and well optioned Cobalt 220 for about $4K more than that. With $47K to spend, I would be looking hard at low hours used boats from 2016 and newer. Nothing at all against the 195 and just one guy's opinion, but I think it is important not to get target fixated on one specific brand and model.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I paid $42.5 otd for our 195S back in August 2019. We ordered straight from yamaha through dealer. Came with mooring cover, shipping cover, anchor, fire extinguisher, starter pack, blah blah. Basically everything to be coast guard legal, and water ready.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have However heard rumors of a 195X coming for 2021

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you order from Yamaha directly? I thought we are at the mercy of the dealership.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you order from Yamaha directly? I thought we are at the mercy of the dealership.
The dealer ordered through yamaha as soon as they released. Just like ordering a new car basically. Went into dealer, told him what we wanted and what acc, then did paperwork. Three weeks later... We had our boat before the dealerships stock came in of all their boats. Granted this was August 2019 before the government created this virus 😂😂

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’d wait until this boating season is over and pick up a lightly used larger boat for the same price or less.
Every year people unload boats they just bought a year or so earlier to avoid paying the monthly bill for the boat, storage fees, insurance and taxes for something has and continues to depreciate and which they won’t be using much if at all for the next six to nine months (unless they live in a place where they can boat year round). I suspect much more of this will happen this next off season when many of this year’s first time boat buyers either have to go back to work and won’t have the free time they have now or won’t have jobs to go back to and simply can’t continue to afford their boats.

The 195 is a nice boat but move up just one model to the 210/212 and you get a bigger boat with two engines instead of one. All Yamaha jet boats come with either a painted or galvanized trailer and the costs difference in normal times is usually less than $400. If the deal doesn’t feel right before you make it think about it will feel when some shows you their larger twin engine boat of the same year that they got for the same or lower price than you paid for a smaller single engine boat.

Here is are screen shots of the current NADA values for a 2019 and 2018 SX 195 based on a California zip code.

FE3FB075-93E3-4220-8440-3CA8575DC37A.png
94F69732-7B57-460D-BB1D-5EFE08AF58F4.png

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Local dealer called me that a 2020 195S has become available and I am next in line (gave a small deposit). The total out the door price is $47,761 with galvanized trailer. Seems much higher than anything else I have seen. Should I walk away? Nothing big extra included, except little things like started kit, shirts, etc.

If I don't take this boat, probably will need to wait until September for the next opportunity on 2021 models.
We were early May to put a deposit on a 2020 195s. Took delivery in June and paid what you are being quoted. No buyers remorse! The supply demand is a bit out of whack but it was priced that way prior to the covid frenzy. We had been shopping them since Jan. They didn’t raise the price from original quote. I say grab it and don’t wait till sept.by the way we purchased in Conroe TX