• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchase or walk away? Yamaha 195S

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Is this a fairly good deal?
2021 Yamaha 195s , Yacht Blue
$46,598 OTD with mooring cover

finance at 4.99% apr 180 months , no money down.

Probably will put down $5000 and a shorter loan, but this was what I was quoted. Sounds decent, but wanted to hear from others. Thanks.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the break down of the price? Boat Price, Tax, Warranty if Any, Prep, Delivery, etc. The list is $41k I believe so it is in the ball park. Is the dealer throwing anything else in? Such as Coast Guard Kit, Discount on things bought from them for a year? 10 hr Maintenance? He has somethings built in there, less taxes which we will put at say $2,400 (just guessing based on what tax rate is here in Michigan), there is about $3000 that needs to be accounted for.

Get the line item breakdown showing everything out the door.

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What is the break down of the price? Boat Price, Tax, Warranty if Any, Prep, Delivery, etc. The list is $41k I believe so it is in the ball park. Is the dealer throwing anything else in? Such as Coast Guard Kit, Discount on things bought from them for a year? 10 hr Maintenance? He has somethings built in there, less taxes which we will put at say $2,400 (just guessing based on what tax rate is here in Michigan), there is about $3000 that needs to be accounted for.

Get the line item breakdown showing everything out the door.
41K for boat
$879 for mooring cover
Delivery Setup $1,950
Sales Tax $2769.26

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess it would all depend on how bad you want the boat. That is Top Dollar and from what I am seeing here and other places you can pretty much get about the same price anywhere, at the very least. Of course this is a weird year. It is hard to say what is going to happen over the next 3-6 months with new boat prices, deals, etc.

For those kind of numbers you can buy the boat anywhere for the most part. I would shop around and see what you can find. Of course you have the challenge of missing out on the boat as well.

You would be paying MSRP, + fees and tax as well as full price for the mooring cover. They are not offering you a deal.

Other members here have reported discounts, percentage off accessories, no Delivery and Setup or a reduced one, free 10 hour maintenance, etc.

Of course it is up to you, but if you are ready to pull buy a boat I would definitely shop around, or possibly wait and see what happens..... You wouldn't be passing up a deal at those number.

Also remember, NOT being political, we will mostly likely have a new President and how the economy reacts and people spending habits react, as well as what the Pandemic does, will definitely affect big purchases such as housing, Cars, Boats, RV's etc. Prices on boats, imho, will either stay the same or come down.

Last edited:

portlandbucfan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a deposit down on a 2021 195s. $40,999+freight of $1,550+ sales tax. Total was $46,500

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Probably will put down $5000 and a shorter loan, but this was what I was quoted. Sounds decent, but wanted to hear from others. Thanks.
Is your finance offer with Yamaha? I hope to receive delivery of my 195S later this month. When I mentioned financing to my dealer he stated I should go through someone he recommends (I think it was Meridian). Did you go on the website to apply for the 4.99 180 mths or was this with you dealers assistance. Thanks

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

My OTD price contract is $44,197with mooring cover but I'm only paying @$900 in sales tax here in VA.

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wow! That’s a good quote. I’ve tried everywhere around in the Texas area and have been quoated from $46k-49k.

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Is your finance offer with Yamaha? I hope to receive delivery of my 195S later this month. When I mentioned financing to my dealer he stated I should go through someone he recommends (I think it was Meridian). Did you go on the website to apply for the 4.99 180 mths or was this with you dealers assistance. Thanks
Dealer just told me I would have no problem with the finance. But my credit is 800+