• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchased new 2024 AR250

Pmaz545

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2024 AR250, supposed to pick it up next week (6/6/24). Attaching show room pics, but due to how they pack them in I couldn’t get the entire boat. So excited! Since I’m a newbie, I would like to share the experience.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You're going to love it! Make sure to do a full once over on everything before pulling it out of the dealership - don't be in a rush. Try to spend at least an hour or more looking over everything on the boat and trailer. Turn it on, test everything.

Some notes to make sure you get the most out of your delivery:
  1. Check to see what batteries the dealership installed, make sure they're nothing cheap (Yamaha doesn't mandate batteries or install from the factory).
  2. Make sure your trailer tires (and spare!) are inflated to MAX.
  3. Make them pull wheels to show you the hubs are fully greased.
  4. Check your trailer brake fluid level.
  5. Check all the hinges on the seats and compartments.
  6. I would have them run the motors on the hose and wiggle your clean out port hatch to make sure the cutoff switches are adjusted properly and your motors don't die the first time you hit some big waves.
  7. Check oil levels in engines - make sure they're not overfilled. A good fill level (after running and with level engines) is a tick over the add oil line. If it's filled to the max you'll have reduced performance.
  8. Check the oil filters to make sure they're Yamaha OEM.
  9. Check your snap in carpets for broken snaps.
  10. Take out, and put back in your clean-out plugs a few different times (to make sure they're not stuck from sitting).
  11. Open your engine compartment, look for loose hoses, fittings, anything that doesn't look right - don't be afraid to ask questions.
  12. The new style screen you have has been known to randomly come off, of it's mounts, so check that for sure!
  13. Go through all the screens within the Connext software, turn on the stereo and verify all the speakers work, make sure all the lights work, etc.
  14. Make sure you receive the keys for your lockable glove compartment, your shipping cover (if you want it), the tower shipping brackets, your flush hose adapter, and your transducer plug.
  15. Unfold your bimini and set it up so your first time doing it isn't on the water drifting towards something.
  16. Have them show you how to put the cover on (front to back) and the proper tension on the ratchet straps for trailering.
  17. Have them show you how to put the tower down and up to make sure that's functioning.
  18. Trailer home with the cover on so you don't lose anything.

Last edited:

Pmaz545

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, thank you!!! Excellent advice that I’ll be sure to follow!

Pmaz545

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're going to love it! Make sure to do a full once over on everything before pulling it out of the dealership - don't be in a rush. Try to spend at least an hour or more looking over everything on the boat and trailer. Turn it on, test everything.

Some notes to make sure you get the most out of your delivery:
  1. Check to see what batteries the dealership installed, make sure they're nothing cheap (Yamaha doesn't mandate batteries or install from the factory).
  2. Make sure your trailer tires (and spare!) are inflated to MAX.
  3. Make them pull wheels to show you the hubs are fully greased.
  4. Check your trailer brake fluid level.
  5. Check all the hinges on the seats and compartments.
  6. I would have them run the motors on the hose and wiggle your clean out port hatch to make sure the cutoff switches are adjusted properly and your motors don't die the first time you hit some big waves.
  7. Check oil levels in engines - make sure they're not overfilled. A good fill level (after running and with level engines) is a tick over the add oil line. If it's filled to the max you'll have reduced performance.
  8. Check the oil filters to make sure they're Yamaha OEM.
  9. Check your snap in carpets for broken snaps.
  10. Take out, and put back in your clean-out plugs a few different times (to make sure they're not stuck from sitting).
  11. Open your engine compartment, look for loose hoses, fittings, anything that doesn't look right - don't be afraid to ask questions.
  12. The new style screen you have has been known to randomly come off, of it's mounts, so check that for sure!
  13. Go through all the screens within the Connext software, turn on the stereo and verify all the speakers work, make sure all the lights work, etc.
  14. Make sure you receive the keys for your lockable glove compartment, your shipping cover (if you want it), the tower shipping brackets, your flush hose adapter, and your transducer plug.
  15. Unfold your bimini and set it up so your first time doing it isn't on the water drifting towards something.
  16. Have them show you how to put the cover on (front to back) and the proper tension on the ratchet straps for trailering.
  17. Have them show you how to put the tower down and up to make sure that's functioning.
  18. Trailer home with the cover on so you don't lose anything.
Actually, I’ve heard different things about trailering with or without covers. From what I understand, the only cushions not hinged are the front ones. If I store those, can’t I travel without the cover?

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, I’ve heard different things about trailering with or without covers. From what I understand, the only cushions not hinged are the front ones. If I store those, can’t I travel without the cover?
For me it depends on the length of the trip. Under 50 miles I don't worry too much. Over 50 miles and I usually put on the cover... keeps off the bugs, various things from flying out. If I am dropping the boat in the water at the end of the trip I don't bother usually but if it is going to be outside after the trip I leave it on (keeps pine needles, dirt, and dust out at the cabin or campsight). Everyone has an opinion on when and where but your boating/trailering experience will give you your preferences. Just don't be the guy in the front of the line removing and stowing his cover when it time to launch LOL.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You can trailer without the cover - but I've seen a lot of new owners trailer without the cover from the dealership on their maiden trip lose things that they didn't know were not bolted down.

For me, when we travel to our main landing and my max speed is 45, I trailer without the cover. If we go anywhere where I'm on the interstate, the cover goes on. The one time I didn't follow this rule I lost a wake skate and that really pissed me off.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats on the new boat! Love the AR250’s.

Jim

Airstreamer07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2024 AR250, supposed to pick it up next week (6/6/24). Attaching show room pics, but due to how they pack them in I couldn’t get the entire boat. So excited! Since I’m a newbie, I would like to share the experience.
Good Choice, We just bought the same boat

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! Where will you be boating? If you see an FSH on Cross Lake or the Seneca River, it’s probably us. Not many other t top center consoles in the area (maybe none?).

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Took me about 1 minute to decide i have to upgrade the stereo so you might as well start to research that lol. Did the dealer add anything to it? Make sure you have lines, anchor, life jackets, throwable, extinguishers, flare or air horn. I added clamps in case I need to be towed, a better rear view mirror, carpet knife (in case you suck up a rope), fenders and a better cooler.

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy. We just got a 2024 AR 220. 1st time jetboat owners too. Will be learning curve coming from OB powered boats my whole life.

Pmaz545

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Where will you be boating? If you see an FSH on Cross Lake or the Seneca River, it’s probably us. Not many other t top center consoles in the area (maybe none?).
We will be on Skinneatles, Ontario, and Oneida - happy boating!

Maslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I was told to always trailer with the cover on, the right rear seat and carpets can blow out. As evidenced by a recent thread...

Pmaz545

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Took me about 1 minute to decide i have to upgrade the stereo so you might as well start to research that lol. Did the dealer add anything to it? Make sure you have lines, anchor, life jackets, throwable, extinguishers, flare or air horn. I added clamps in case I need to be towed, a better rear view mirror, carpet knife (in case you suck up a rope), fenders and a better cooler.
Only additional add ons were fenders, life jackets, coast guard kit and some ropes. Good suggestion with knife and cooler!

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only additional add ons were fenders, life jackets, coast guard kit and some ropes. Good suggestion with knife and cooler!
i have a bunch of coolers but to me the yeti roadie makes the most sense. I wish it had a drain but its easy to carry down to the boat. If i was loading up at home and going to be out all day i would use the yeti 45

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We use two coolers, stored in the passenger side helm compartment in our 212S - first is drinks, second is cold food. While we boat within swimming distance of a house my wife always packs enough for a long stay on Gilligan's Island...

Maslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i have a bunch of coolers but to me the yeti roadie makes the most sense. I wish it had a drain but its easy to carry down to the boat. If i was loading up at home and going to be out all day i would use the yeti 45

Our old Roadie (first gen?) has a drain, why would they take that away? It's our go-to on the boat as well, the 75 is a whole lot too big.

Pmaz545

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have two brackets (port and starboard side) under my stern deck. When trying to attach the wakebooster…the bracket seems to be in the way, so does anyone know what the brackets are used for?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As we recently experienced with our AR250... Make sure you have the correct tools and know-how to change a tire on a trailer loaded down with a boat.

A less worrisome item... With where Yamaha put the phone holder, the sun is going to overheat your phone charging or not. We usually throw a T-Shirt or a spare boat hat on it and are are good to go.