• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Yamaha Recall Certain 2021~2023 Models

My letter.
Got the same letter earlier in the week. Running her by the dealer on Saturday to, I'm sure, drop her off for a bit.

Anyone know the part number?

From what I am seeing most dealers won't have enough parts for several months if not more. Check with them to determine part availability.

Same problem, same letter, dealer says parts on backorder.
Hope recall is done before season starts.

I would try to get information on the replacement parts then order them from the OEM. I doubt Yamaha manufactures those parts.

I would try to get information on the replacement parts then order them from the OEM. I doubt Yamaha manufactures those parts.
Agree, that’s how my steering cable was. All on back order but I was able to get one from the OEM, but the dealer wouldn’t instal it because I didn’t have it in a Genuine Yamaha Part box with the Yamaha PN.

I had a good conversation with my dealerships maint manager on this today. I also got the recall notice emailed to me. I was on the dealerships list to call out to since my boat which Ive had for 2 months, is on the recall. He said that Yamaha has not yet shipped the replacement kits but that he had 10 coming soon.

He mentioned that its not about fuel leaking in the boat... its about fuel "burping" back at you while your filling it with fuel. The vent isn't allowing equalization at the rate that is needed during fill up and it causes the fuel to rush up the neck and out at the person filling it. Im just passing on what he said. Ive used the boat for 6 hours and have not had any issue at all and definitely NO leaks inside the bilge. They will call when the kits come in.

I guess my 2022 AR250 has the faulty fuel vent as I experienced fuel burping and spilling twice out of maybe 7 or 8 re-fuels. I'm not concerned about safety, Yamaha is just covering their ass in case something bad does happen. I'm going to use my boat fixed or not.

I just discovered that my 2022 255XD falls under the recall. Not to be confused, it’s the recall related to the vent, not fuel pump mounting…. So… do I not take the kids out on the boat over spring break next week? And don’t use the boat until parts come in and Yamaha can squeeze me in for the work to be done? Looking for opinions, realize the decision is mine….

I just discovered that my 2022 255XD falls under the recall. Not to be confused, it’s the recall related to the vent, not fuel pump mounting…. So… do I not take the kids out on the boat over spring break next week? And don’t use the boat until parts come in and Yamaha can squeeze me in for the work to be done? Looking for opinions, realize the decision is mine….
I’d use the crap out of it for Spring Break. Like someone else said, this is for the ventilation aspect while filling up your tank. Mine needs the recall too but I’ll keep using it until I know parts are in and I can drop it off for a quick turnaround.

Any update on this??? Waiting on a 195 fsh and dealer is no help!

I purchased a new 2023 Yamaha 222S at the Biloxi boat show. Wired my funds, registered with insurance and literally the day I was supposed to pick it up my salesman sent me this (see attached official letter) and said they can’t deliver the boat due to this language

It is a violation of Yamaha policy for your dealership to deliver any affected watercraft to customers until the procedures in the upcoming bulletin are performed.

“Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. has decided that a defect that relates to boating safety may exist in certain 2021~2023 model year…(252SD/ 252SE/ 252S/ 252XE/ AR250/ SX250)…(255XD/ 255XE)…(AR220/ SX220)…(222XD/ 222XE/ 222SD/ 222SE/ 222S) boats.

To correct this defect, Yamaha is initiating a Factory Modification Campaign. Affected units must have the fuel tank air vent replaced with one that has the proper specification.”

This does sound incredibly serious as a fuel vent issue can be explosive ?, he also said that it could take a really long time to fix as there are more than 30K boats that’ll fall into this

Does anyone have any idea how long this could take to resolve? Thanks!
They had to do this on my 2022 AR250 and it takes less than an hour to repair

Dropped mine off yesterday at the dealer. They said the same—should only take an hour to fix.
95D5A8EC-F603-42CC-BC5E-58AB615E1B73.jpeg

Back