• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchased Paddle North Dock

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So at the show today, i was looking at the Mission Reefs and the Paddle North.

We puerchased the Paddle North XL 6' x 12' it was on sale for $699. They looked fantastic, will roll up and fit easily in ski locker with room to spare. Pretty impressed by the quality. The tall one is the we got. The next size down was $599

20220312_144257.jpg

Very cool looking. I see they are 6” thick while the comparable mission reef is 4”. Never heard of the company before. Went to the website and was very impressed! Really cool paddle boards as well! I can’t believe both mission and paddle north are both located in the twin cities! A couple hours away from me.

Yes. He mentioned they are in the same city. I was very impressed with construction. It i s 6" thick and from what i undertand will do better in a chop and with a boat wake washing over it. Also it can handle a higher psi than the mission reef.

I am not knocking Mission Reef, but this one felt good, was thicker and at a better price. Spoke with some guy buying his Second one for his boat. He already had one they keep up at his lake house. Swears buy them, never an issues.

Going to get the kids and their friends into floating a bit more. When I have more than 3 or 4 kids on the boat I run out of swim platform. We have been using one of the tubes, but then some are on the tube lashed to the swim platform and some are on the swim platform. This way they all can get off my boat and float and I can now sit on the swim platform and relax :)

Last edited:
BTW, if you look at the top picture on the top left, you can see how they look all rolled up. That is the 12' one rolled up. It could even fit under one of the rear seats and extend in the area back there easily.

Wow, that thing is rolled up nice and tight! Wouldn’t take up too much room at all. Agree with the “floating more” with gas prices the way they are. I would love to get the 12’ one and one of the big paddle boards.

Great price for that size and thickness dock. Our inflatable dock was the best thing we bought for it.

I have been using my Dewalt Cordless Air Pump, but I was looking for something different. It works fine and have no issues, but I use it around the house as well and TBH I hate unloading more and more things after a trip.

How long is the cord on that one @2kwik4u ? Will it reach from helm to Swim Platform? If not I guess I could wire it in directly on my fuse block or put in another outlet.

I have been using my Dewalt Cordless Air Pump, but I was looking for something different. It works fine and have no issues, but I use it around the house as well and TBH I hate unloading more and more things after a trip.

How long is the cord on that one @2kwik4u ? Will it reach from helm to Swim Platform? If not I guess I could wire it in directly on my fuse block or put in another outlet.

Not that long. I use an extension cable.

Not sure your DeWalt will generate the pressure you need. This pump uses a blower for bulk inflation, then swaps over to a piston style pump to get up to 15psi.

The dewalt can get up up there with High Pressure PSI >100 and High-Volume I have had up to 20 psi I believe. So it will get there, just wanted to leave it in truck. I carry it in case of flats and such and throw it in a bag to do inflatables. I am just afraid that when the kids are doing the Super Mable that sooner or later it is going into the water. Would rather have something else and have the Dewalt in the truck as a backup. I also do have a High Volume Hand pump as a backup up as well in the boat just in case.

Going to check out what you linked. Thanks.

The dewalt can get up up there with High Pressure PSI >100 and High-Volume I have had up to 20 psi I believe. So it will get there, just wanted to leave it in truck. I carry it in case of flats and such and throw it in a bag to do inflatables. I am just afraid that when the kids are doing the Super Mable that sooner or later it is going into the water. Would rather have something else and have the Dewalt in the truck as a backup. I also do have a High Volume Hand pump as a backup up as well in the boat just in case.

Going to check out what you linked. Thanks.
Ah, different pump than what I had in my head. I'm with ya now. So long as you have something electric you'll be fine. That hand pump sucks unless you skipped arm day at the gym that week!

The pump style 2kwik mentioned is worth twice that price (what they used to cost before the amazon alternatives came out). Plug it in, press the button once, and go on about your life until its done inflating.

Alright I ordered that pump and the extension cord.

That's exactly why I added a power point at the swim deck (upper level). I already had the additional fuse panel installed. Easy add on.

Could be something to do, good idea. With the extension cord I will be fine for now I think. Will see how it works out.

The weight above is inflated. I believe uninflated the one I got is around 12 lbs. Will know next week for sure when it arrives.

The weight above is inflated. I believe uninflated the one I got is around 12 lbs. Will know next week for sure when it arrives.
How heavy is the air your putting in that thing?

Shouldn't it weigh the same (or roughly the same) with or without air? Density (mass per volume) changes but total mass should be REALLY similar

Quick back of the napkin math puts you around 2.9lbm of air in a 12'x12'x6” space.

Back