• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing dilemmas, a phantom AR192 or a real FSH

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any new update?
Yes, HUUUGGE update lol!

I purchased the FSH Sport and will have it home next week. Its still at the dealer waiting for them to drill/install a bilge drain hole and maybe a transducer hole for me (with a flush mount of some kind as well, most likely). I also still have to secure my slip, which should be next week. The slip is about a 5 minute walk form my front door, so the anticipation is starting to build.

Thanks for asking...

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you water tested yet or anything? Are they doing a float switch bilge pump or another automatic?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A slip five minutes from your door @Swimmingly !!!

Thats awesome - I'm friggin jealous. I need to just sell my house and buy a condo with a boat slip

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you water tested yet or anything? Are they doing a float switch bilge pump or another automatic?
No test. I was supposed to take her out for a test this past weekend, but there were storms almost the entire day, so it never happened. The dealer had my boat hooked up and ready to tow though. Its was the last one and I lived an hour away...so I just bought it!

They agreed to a water test as part of the delivery, but it has to be on a Friday, and in the morning at that, due to storms in the afternoon this time of year. I'm off Fridays, their local boat ramp is nuts on Saturdays, and they're closed on Sundays. All those little details I never considered before buying a new boat.

Its going to be a bilge pump with integrated float switch, direct wired (with a fuse of course), under the wet storage hatch-panel.

OzarkGunGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just bought a 192 off the showroom floor 2 weeks ago in AR. I have a house down on Marco Island so we plan on dragging it back and forth some. The dealer I bought it from "Bradford Marine" in Springdale AR, has 5 locations and had several in stock. They only had the blue in Springdale and I wanted it that day so that's what I took, but I know the Little Rock store had several of both colors still in stock, and they can arrange delivery. In fact, I had to have mine delivered because I live in MO so to avoid AR sales tax, they had to drive it up here. Might be worth a call to see if they can help you out. I love the boat, I was looking at a chaparral to start, but Yamaha financing closed the deal for me.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@OzarkGunGuy

Thanks for the heads-up on an AR192! I bought an FSH Sport this past weekend, so I'm happy. The final dealer check, this past weekend, showed there were no 192's remaining in the entire southeast, and I decided an FSH Sport fit my needs really well.

Enjoy your new SC'd boat!

OzarkGunGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@OzarkGunGuy

Thanks for the heads-up on an AR192! I bought an FSH Sport this past weekend, so I'm happy. The final dealer check, this past weekend, showed there were no 192's remaining in the entire southeast, and I decided an FSH Sport fit my needs really well.

Enjoy your new SC'd boat!
Glad you found what you were looking for! I've only had mine on the water a few times but it's certainly a step up from the old Larson I had! Thanks to all for the welcome as well! You guys are great, you've already helped me drop another $3000 on my boat. At this rate, my wife is liable to ban me from the site!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glad you found what you were looking for! I've only had mine on the water a few times but it's certainly a step up from the old Larson I had! Thanks to all for the welcome as well! You guys are great, you've already helped me drop another $3000 on my boat. At this rate, my wife is liable to ban me from the site!
You too? I always get into trouble!

"You want to do what?" "How much did you spend"...."Let me guess your 'Jet Boat Buddies' gave you another idea that you just HAVE to do". LMAO