• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing dilemmas, a phantom AR192 or a real FSH

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello, another new and aspiring boater onboard today! :) (Edit - Bought an FSH Sport!)

I've been lurking here for a few months and have finally joined, since my first boat purchase seems imminent, and a Yam jet boat is perfect for my needs. The forum here has been a great place for information--so thanks!

My dilemma the dealer I chose to work with has only one FSH Sport, plenty of AR190's in stock, and may be able to get me an AR192. Basically, its between their single FSH Sport and that phantom AR192, if the dealer can get it from another dealer. Either would work for me, but I have always been a "go fast" kinda guy. My last three cars have been either turbo'd or SC'd, to give you an idea where I'm coming from (one of the SC'ers was rebuilt and installed by me, converted the car from NA to SC'd).

Anyway, I just need to decide what's more important to me, the utility/visibility of the FSH Sport or the plush/speed of the AR192 (if even an option locally, so late in the model year). I should know if the dealer can retrieve that AR192 from another dealer by COB today. There are a few dealers within reasonable travel distance for me, but they have no AR192's either. :(

Exciting times!

edit - I'll add that a local owner has a pristine 212X for sale at $36k, which is tempting, but the Yamaha interest rate and 4 year warranty is keeping me focused on a new boat.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the link and the suggestions. I've been to those dealers (in the link) and they do not have an AR192 available to buy. I know one of those dealers also still show new AR192's even on craigslist, which don't exist either, which is one of the reasons why I'm not shopping at that dealership.

My closest two dealers don't have any more 21's either :(. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard "oh, we just sold the last one yesterday" or "yes, we had one, but it just left earlier today" re; the AR192's and 21' boats. I suppose that's partly due to my location (FL - Gulf side) and the time of year, to include the Yam incentives. I completely expect to hear the same thing next week, about the remaining FSH Sport that's still in stock around here (maybe two FSH Sports remain).

Money and financing aside (and warranty), the local, used 212x makes the most sense for me, but there are always those "other" factors involved lol. Its between that new FSH Sport and maybe new AR192, if the dealer can even get it (located in the state of FL somewhere). The dealer I chose to work with won't tell me where the AR192 is located.

Since the AR190 doesn't quite have the speed of the 192, or the utility of the FSH Sport, the AR190 is not a contender for me. My small family likes them both; FSH for the changing cabin, and the 192 for the seating. So I get to pick, FSH Sport or AR192.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads-up on the FSH Sports!

I was referring to my local dealerships from the link above (in BoatTrader). I have at least one local FSH Sport to choose from, at the dealership I've been working with, so FSH's are not a problem. With those FSH Sport prices at Riva (Pompano Beach) it's worth my time to go there instead, if I decide on an FSH Sport. Its the AR192's, that are being advertised in my area, that are not actually available for sale. Plus, I'm being told there are only two left in the entire state, hence the "phantom" AR192's lol.

I was trying to keep a good relationship and stay with one local dealership (there are two), but for $2700 and assured availability (Riva has five FSH, right) I may have to go to the east coast of FL for an FSH Sport. Riva's reduced on FSH Sports and the unavailability of AR192's might kill any purchasing dilemmas I have. Saving $2700 on a $33k is way better than saving 0$ on a $36k boat (I was reading my wife's $mind$ as I wrote that lol). I guess this is what happens when you buy a popular boat at the end of the module year...sigh.

edit - just called Riva...no more FSH Sports! :arghh:

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah the shortage is just not Florida. I was choosing between going g 3 hours each way for the choice of 2 boats. I hear you on the new vs used. We paid 2 k more for the new with the warranty plus the free additional warranty. I was going to do the 60. Mth 2.9 and 5.9 for the remainder with yamaha but we ended 4 % at the dealership. I would just call every yamaha dealer as far as you want to drive. The might not have all the boats listed or don't list them on boat trader. That's what I did.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Consider the 212x and getting a loan with a Credit Union. They have some great rates!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Swimmingly - I know its a much longer drive but I swear I just saw some of those FSH sports at the Yamaha dealer in Gulf Shores, AL.
( I was there less than a week ago - if you'd like I can give you my salesman contact info)

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for all your posts.

I've decided a dealer relationship, over the past two weeks, with two visits to the showroom (happens to be my closest dealer) means very little. They wanted to charge me a $2000 dealer fee to get that phantom AR192, located in the state of FL somewhere. That included prep, etc. but that's about 3x to 4x what seems to be the normal dealer fee. I may just call all the Dealers to try and locate it myself.

The FSH seems to fit all snorkeling/diving/beach duties well too, not just fishing. The higher visibility, more walking surface, less vinyl padding everywhere, and ease of care really calls-out to me. I'll upgrade the leaky drains, get a second bilge, install a depth gauge, Seadek it nicely, and run it around my area and have fun with it. There are many more FSH Sports available, so just the basic number-game is leaning me toward an FSH Sport. That, or wait for 2017's.

I looked at the used '13 212x and was not overly impressed with its care and availability of the history (from the 2nd owner), but a 212x is a sweet boat!

@Bennie,
Thanks, but FSH's are available around my area, just not AR192's (well, there are two in the state, supposedly, but that was yesterday).

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
LOL,

Thanks, but that's one of the phantoms I've already called, texted, and actually visited that dealership. Not available.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well good luck on your search hope you find one soon. Add your location to your profile so we know where you are in Florida.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for all the great posts to help me find an FSH or AR192 (no actual 192's were available in the links...I had already exhausted all those internetz).

So, since Thursday/Friday I've been focused on an FSH Sport only. Spoke with one of the local dealers, who I've spoken with and visited their facility. I ask about their FSH Sport to discuss an "out the door" price. On Friday, the salesman tells me a bit more than $36k (can't recall the exact number). I offered to put down a deposit and give them a check in two days if they can get closer to $35k. I'm thinking MSRP + tax + $1k dealership/fees seems fair, which is about $35,300 out the door.

The salesman tells me "this is a bad time to try for a better deal on a boat" . I'll get back to you on Monday and see what we can do. Well, we're half way through Monday, and no call from the dealer. Not too happy with the whole boat purchasing experience so far.

Maybe he was correct, that "I shouldn't expect to get a good deal right now". From my experience over the past couple of weeks, it looks like the dealers in my area are adding $2k to the MSRP/tax price of any of the 19' boats (not sure about the AR190's).

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I kinda have to agree @Swimmingly . We bought ours in March 2015 and got a good deal. I was told their last "good" deals would be made at the boat show (which was 2 weeks after I bought our 242) and then they hit a busy season where everything was pretty much as MSRP plus fees, no deals to be made till the fall.
(just my experience in lower AL)

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet you can find a deal on a fsh not on the coast. It may be worth a drive. I can get you deal on a fsh but you have to drive to oklahoma or you can ship to you

Last edited:

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bet you can find a deal on a fsh not on the coast. It may be worth a drive. I can get you deal on a fsh but you have to drive
I'm all ears :vulcan: haha.

I'm supposed to be hearing from the salesman who's playing "hard to get" lol in the morning. I doubt if it'll be below $36k though.

That equates 's to about a $1,800 dealer fee. Plus, the FSH Sport includes an upgraded trailer in the MSRP, so there shouldn't be add'l cost for a trailer.

...drive to OK?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Swimmingly they sold the fsh yesterday sorry . goodluck

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Swimmingly they sold the fsh yesterday sorry . goodluck
I appreciate that you checked, thanks!

I had a local dealer give a purchase invoice for an AR190 and/or an FSH Sport...got the paper in my hand. Decisions, decisions...

Their prices aren't too bad, and better than anything else I had my eyes on over the past two weeks, in my local area anyways. This could be it!

edit...It's Happening!

Last edited: