• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Push button start installation

So for service when you would only want to run one motor at a time on a hose; I’m assuming you just leave that key in off position to the particular engine not needed...

So for service when you would only want to run one motor at a time on a hose; I’m assuming you just leave that key in off position to the particular engine not needed...

Just use the keys, with the kit installed the keys still also work as they did before and can start the motors.

Man that looks really good! Where did you move the keys and what type of bezel did you use on the push buttons to make it look so "factory?"

I did something a little different with the keys. Mounted them behind the helm on my accessories/power board.
For the push button start mod to fit in the ignition switch I bought 4 stainless washers 5/8 ID 1 1/4 OD. One on each side and snugged them down by hand.

73760BD6-F737-44B2-81B6-9E05BFBBF219.jpeg

Last edited:
Do we really need to use both keys for this mode? (I wish I can only use one key for both engines)

Do we really need to use both keys for this mode? (I wish I can only use one key for both engines)
There might be instances where you need one engine to run. Flushing, limp home one one engine, etc...

True, that's why I envision to have one key, and 2 push start/stop buttons.

This is definitely doable fairly easily with double start buttons (I'd suggest even in this case though you still only use one Stop button). In this case though you don't need the Push Button Start Kit as there is no need for programmable relays.

Basically you just use a single key switch to close the "ON" circuit of both ignition switches, use two push buttons to close the "Start" circuit on each ignition switch, and use one push button to activate two relays that close the "Off" circuit on each ignition switch. Not sure if you would need relays for the "Start" circuits as well, depends on the draw on those circuits and the rating of your push buttons.

I find it really cool that you hit one button and both engines fire up one after the other. I have gotten a few great comments on it so far

Two start buttons with one stop button is certainly and one key is certainly doable. Relays are not required for the start buttons in that case but the putyins will need to held in until started instead of a quick press. Stop button will require isloation of the two stop leads.

Lots of ways to do this. Could even have just one button for it all with a logic controller for different lengths of press to execute different actions.

I thought a bit about the process flow and iser interface before landing where I did. Does not make my or anyone’s else flavor choice right or wrong. Just a personal preference thing kind of like where to mount the buttons.

I am thrilled with mine just the way @Mainah designed it ! Have had it for a couple months now and love it. Thanks again Chris for all the support during the install process.

Back