• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Put me in the dark side category :)

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice! I bet you can't wait for summer!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've never figured out wake boats. All that technology and HP to go, SLOW.:)

Congrats on the nice looking boat.
Lol! Low and slow is how she goes! But most of them are propped down enough to pull a sunken boat off the bottom of the lake. Nice looking boat, I hope you do bring it to Shelbyville next year!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Me too @007 I think Shelbyville would be a blast. I need to get the mods to add Moomba to the list of boat makes for profile @Julian @Bruce :)

Last edited:

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain - sweet ride! Mom a Boats are very nice and put out a sweet wave. Did yours come with the Raptor engine, or was that offered in the 2015+ models? Ca Nyla post some pics of the interior? Does that model come with a drain in the cockpit like the Yamahas do?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@prorider17 Unfortunately it doesn't have the Raptor motor. That was one of the decisions I was faced with and in the end it wasn't worth upgrading (spending more) for a 15 or 16. It doesn't have a scupper system similar to the Yamaha. To my knowledge all water in the boat drains to bilge and is pumped out. I was in a hurry to re-winterize the boat and get it dried out to put in storage for the Ohio winter so I didn't have much time to get many good pics. But here is a quick one I snapped the morning after coming home. Main carpet is out and nothing had been cleaned very well...

IMG_3258.JPG

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain - As long as it drains somewhere, I think you're good! The raptor motor is nice, but isn't the 2014 engine made by indmar too? I want to see pics the next time it's uncovered!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yep the 2014 is the tried and true, award winning Indmar 5.7L

It will be spring before there are any more pictures :(

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Bringing the thread back to life....didn't want to create a new one or post in someone else's "dark side" thread. But here is my 3rd day out surfing. Things are getting easier and I am figuring out the settings for the wave. All ballast hidden and just my wife and daughter (10 years old 95#) in the boat.
I had a GREAT Father's Day

This is why I bought it.......now to get everyone else surfing :)

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great video! I just purchased a 2016 Craz. It has the surf package but it still need to dial in the wave. Yours looks awesome! How much weight?

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking wave! Those Moombas are great boats.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Great video! I just purchased a 2016 Craz. It has the surf package but it still need to dial in the wave. Yours looks awesome! How much weight?
Thanks! I forgot the GoPro, so had to make due with my daughters phone :banghead: But she did well!

I have 900's in each rear locker and a 750 bow sac, plus the 500 hard tank. So around 3k is the capacity. But, the 900's don't quite fill all the way and I am experimenting running a tad less in the non surf side. Not listing much at all but just a tad. Also I am not sure the 750 IBS gets filled to it's capacity either, but it fills the bow. It's pushing on the seats and pops the cupholders :facepalm: I also only have the manual flow, which to be honest....I like. Sure I can't switch sides at the flip of a switch, but it's easy to change and should never break or wear out. Plus I don't have to tinker with all of the plate % settings LOL. I only have 3 settings on the flow and I think only 2 will be used or experimented with.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! Beautiful boat for sure. I myself am digging the v-drive experience so far. Miss being able to back right into the beach, but the pulling power, tracking, etc. are so awesome on these things. Enjoy!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Congrats! Beautiful boat for sure. I myself am digging the v-drive experience so far. Miss being able to back right into the beach, but the pulling power, tracking, etc. are so awesome on these things. Enjoy!
Yes, we are loving everything about it. We don't go to the beach much any more so that aspect hasn't played a factor. You left out one thing.... The engine noise or lack there of. I loved both of the Yamahas I had and still miss things about both, but WOW is it nice not having to yell when speaking to others and to be able to hear the music without blasting it.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bringing the thread back to life....didn't want to create a new one or post in someone else's "dark side" thread. But here is my 3rd day out surfing. Things are getting easier and I am figuring out the settings for the wave. All ballast hidden and just my wife and daughter (10 years old 95#) in the boat.
I had a GREAT Father's Day

This is why I bought it.......now to get everyone else surfing :)

Dude, you are making it look easy on that wave! Man, these posts make me want to make the jump to a wake boat. I love our Yamaha, but as soon as my 20 month old son gets a little older we will be trading. That deep v8 rumble sounds great too!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Dude, you are making it look easy on that wave! Man, these posts make me want to make the jump to a wake boat. I love our Yamaha, but as soon as my 20 month old son gets a little older we will be trading. That deep v8 rumble sounds great too!
Man, we talked about this months ago ;) Just kidding.....you son would do fine with the ski boat now, its quieter! HA HA! Yes, I almost purchased a Fresh Air Exhaust for the boat to eliminate some of the exhaust smell, but it also makes the boat almost completely quiet. As nice as that sounds, I too love the sound of the V8 when taking off :)

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man, we talked about this months ago ;) Just kidding.....you son would do fine with the ski boat now, its quieter! HA HA! Yes, I almost purchased a Fresh Air Exhaust for the boat to eliminate some of the exhaust smell, but it also makes the boat almost completely quiet. As nice as that sounds, I too love the sound of the V8 when taking off :)
I know, I know haha. I can't really complain about the noise with the 2015 24'er because it's really not that bad. I'm sure it's louder than yours, but it's tolerable for sure. I really love the 242 for cruising, lounging, etc. Watersports is a different story. Right now that's not a concern, but once kid is older it will become more important. Oh yeah, I can leave my neighbor with the new Supra in the wake when we race haha!

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We really loved our 242 for hanging out in the rear lounge area! That being said it is really nice to set the cruise to 10.7 and riding a wave all day long!