• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PWC beach anchors

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm looking to find a solution for anchoring my ski at the lake beach. I really want to keep it off the sand to avoid hull damage. Any suggestions on something that works deep enough that the ski stays floating at a lake beach?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I build my own from stainless, it is a modified version of the claw anchor I add a stainless rod to the top for the rope to slide on with a part that extends forward of the anchor blades so in cold water I do not need to get in the water to release it. I pull my ski to the anchor and then slide the rope forward to pull the end out of the water I also use a small Danforth anchor to plant the back of the ski so the bow stays in the direction of the current and the hull stays close to shore however I anchor in salt water with currents and we can not have the ski break loose or it is gone in a flash. They do make a very small version of the claw anchor in galvanized as I also have one of those but I don't know who sells them what I like about the claw is you throw it and give the rope a tug and the anchor is set. try amazon Amazon.com : Lewmar Claw Anchor : Gateway
MarineNow Galvanized Bruce Style Anchor

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So I'm looking to find a solution for anchoring my ski at the lake beach. I really want to keep it off the sand to avoid hull damage. Any suggestions on something that works deep enough that the ski stays floating at a lake beach?
I used a small Danforth anchor. Best purchased I made (for me ski days)

Stonerok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use a blue cooper anchor on my skis. And the black cooper anchor on the 190 fish as a secondary anchor.