• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Question about boat pick up

I am in the same Anxious waiting situation. Boat ordered end of February and due by May 1. I've talked with my dealer about pick up and the plan is once they have a confirmed due date to them, they will schedule a day with me to come out and run through everything. Water trial also. They said to plan on 1/2 a day at least. There is some good information on here about a check list of what to look at and review at pick up. Things like check all hose clamps, turn on every light, dump a bucket of water into the bilge to see if the auto bilge is wired right (assuming you have auto). My wife jokes at me every night that I am going to be tired of the boat by the time it comes with all the internet searching I am doing on Jets. Harder for me since my boat is so new as a model and not much info out there on it. (Chaparral 223VR) Please update this when you get yours and let us know how it goes.

I was really happy that our dealer, River City, insisted that we do a check ride. I am pretty comfortable with an outboard but these things are a different beast. They kind of had a thing about doing everything they could to make sure I would have a good experience and not screw up that beautiful boat for as long as possible (I still managed to bang it up the first time I docked it alone :( ). We spent a lot of time going through everything and I think you will remember more if you are actually doing it on the water than just going through it on the trailer.
As far as going WOT, we only did it for a brief moment to show what it is capable of and so @Ziess21 could have fun watching me tumble back down the seat. We probably spent more time on low speed maneuvering for docking (which I really needed). During the break in time I was told to limit the time at the top but more importantly vary the speed and not stay at the same RPM for any length of time (including idling). @Ziess21 hopefully I am remembering this correctly?

I just drove by Full performance marine last Monday. They are probably about 10 minutes from the water so it would be a little bit of trailering to get her to the water and out. I bought my boat in February without a sea trial and just learnt from the messages boards and have not looked back. This place will tell you more than the dealer will teach you.

I don't know what way you plan on taking but Spoul Mountain road was a little hairy but my load was a little sketchy too.

Great post with some good information! I'm signing my paperwork on my 2015 212X tonight and bringing the check but pickup won't be for another couple weeks at least since my boat dock is still surrounded with ice and the lake is not even half thawed yet. I have been wondering about what to expect at pickup also and was told by the dealer that to plan on at least a good hour. It always seems whenever I buy something new (probably just my cursed luck) that I'm always rushed out the door almost as if it's like 'well we have our money now so please leave'. This is the first time working with this dealership (Wonderland Marine in Howell, MI) and I REALLY hope that we go for a test run as well as going over everything they could possibly tell/show me. I'm of the opinion you can never have enough information, even when you think you know everything about something they may just surprise you about some small detail you never knew about. Good luck to all my fellow boaters out on here picking up there new boats like me, I definitely understand you anxiousness and excitement. Ohhhh... and if anyone knows anyone looking for an '84 20' Searay... I need to sell it to make room for the new 212X!! ;)

I haven't checked out the route yet. Did you at least wave to my boat as you drove by?

I wanted to stop and get one of my own but the Co-pilot wanted nothing to do with that. It liked like a nice dealership though, but I did not have time to stop.

The folks there were really awesome to deal with. Family owned business and really nice folks. Every time I've called them they've been incredibly helpful and professional.

@soggyshoes : As per the manual: Yamaha is quite specific on the break in period..
Here is DIRECTLY from a 2013-2014 Yamaha manual. Hope this answers your question.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
BREAK IN - sm.gif

You're the one paying the money. If you don't want a sea trial, tell them so. Or, if you want a sea trial but you don't want them to go above 4K rpm, tell them so. It's your boat.
Wwhat is the breakin schedule how long do I have to go slow before I can give all it has

Thanks I thought breakin took a Loot longer. I can handle a couple hours

Thanks everyone for all of the information. I pick up the boat on Saturday and I can't wait. The only bad thing is that the high temperature is predicted to be only 32°. I guess there goes the sea trial.

Thanks everyone for all of the information. I pick up the boat on Saturday and I can't wait. The only bad thing is that the high temperature is predicted to be only 32°. I guess there goes the sea trial.
Congrats on your new Yamaha!! I know how you feel, I just signed the papers last night on my 2015 212X and doing the walk through, water trial, and trip home on April 17th (picked that date to give the ice time to melt for the water trial).

From what I remember it is also important to not let the boat run for longer than a few minutes at the same rpm. I remember constantly bumping the rpms up or down a few hundred to very the speed. There was some reasoning behind this just can't remember what. I also remember it drove my wife nuts. She related it to a guy with a TV remote control and how we can never just pick a channel and watch it, we are always jumping around!

From what I remember it is also important to not let the boat run for longer than a few minutes at the same rpm. I remember constantly bumping the rpms up or down a few hundred to very the speed. There was some reasoning behind this just can't remember what. I also remember it drove my wife nuts. She related it to a guy with a TV remote control and how we can never just pick a channel and watch it, we are always jumping around!
Yes that what I was told last night also, not to be at any RPM for more then 5 min. Start out low and bump up 1000 RPM every few minutes. He explained it to me that it wears in the seals properly that way.

Back